Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toys R Us B2G1 deal is back.

1. Problem is, there aren't 3 Wii games worth owning.

2. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    If there aren't games out you want now, just buy 3 games, don't open them, save the receipt, and exchange it for the game you want later on. I think you have like 90 days to return a game with a receipt.
    So, spend X amount of money to let games sit around the house so you can later return them for X amount of money? That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    yeah, buy 3 games now and exchange them withing -45- days for something else. Just make sure you keep the receipt and the games are unopened or your fucked.
    But you don't get any money back for the third game because it was free.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    So, spend X amount of money to let games sit around the house so you can later return them for X amount of money? That makes no sense.
    No, you spend X amount of money on three games now, and let them sit around the house so you can get three games you want later on, after the offer ends. So you're essentially buying 2 you want and getting that third for free.

Kind of a roundabout raincheck.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Problem is, there aren't 3 Wii games worth owning.
    Dont matter to me. I was going to get 2 Zeldas so I can put one in each of the Wii preorders. Then sell them on eBay and keep the free item.

5. Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    If there aren't games out you want now, just buy 3 games, don't open them, save the receipt, and exchange it for the game you want later on. I think you have like 90 days to return a game with a receipt.
    I have been doing this for the last 3 years. I buy enough games to cover what I want to purchase for all of November. I get gift receipts for each game and tape them to each game. As the new ones come out, I return the others. A great way to save some $$$ on the upcoming releases...

--------------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)

6. A heads up on this deal: Apparently, TRU employees are recieving "specialized training" concerning this offer. From what is being said, you cant exchange unopened games 45 days later for something else that isnt out yet. ie: the exchanges have to be for games that are currently out the week of the sale. and when you do exchanges, you have to have all 3 of them unopened and ready for the swap.

7. So I can't take advantage of the sale to get my nephew a video game for his birthday (in early November) because he won't be able to exchange the game if he doesn't want it/already has it unless I exchange the other 2 with it?

Also, will this exchange policy be listed in the store and written on the receipt so I am aware of it, or will it just say "45 days if unopened"?

Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)

8. Quote Originally Posted by CybrGamr View Post
    So I can't take advantage of the sale to get my nephew a video game for his birthday (in early November) because he won't be able to exchange the game if he doesn't want it/already has it unless I exchange the other 2 with it?
    Yeah, thats whats being said.

Quote Originally Posted by CybrGamr View Post
    Also, will this exchange policy be listed in the store and written on the receipt so I am aware of it, or will it just say "45 days if unopened"?
    Im not sure, Ill probably head up there to find out here in a bit. I cant see them not allowing exchanges even if you have a gift reciept, etc.....

9. Here's something to sweeten the deal:

After putting 3 games in your cart, enter the code JFsqssy28KZjFKH to get $20 off. However, it ends up charging $6.68 for the last game instead of being free, but it takes off $20 the entire order. So basically, instead of the total being $119.98, it ends up being $112.35. This obviously only words online.

Note: All 3 games are worth $69.99 with the above prices.