Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Seeing Any Shows Soon?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Some Tool cover band at BB King Lounge on Friday.
    ?!
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Yeah I know, but what are the chances they're actually good?

3. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Sooooooooooo Jelous. Did they play Jack Killed Mom?
    Yep. And you don't have to be totally jealous. NPR Recorded the concert live and it's available from their site:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6254742

I'm downloading it now. Hopefully they got I Met Him On Sunday. Great song, but what made it funny was they fucked it up at first. One of the twins (not sure which one) was off pitch and broke up laughing, then Jenny got part of the lyrics wrong, and the other twin started laughing.

Here's the whole set list:
    Run Devil Run (Long Black Dress)
    The Big Guns
    You Are What You Love
    Melt Your Heart
    The Charging Sky
    Happy
    Fernando
    Rise Up With Fists!!
    Carpet Baggers
    Met Him On A Sunday
    (When) Jack Killed Mom
    Born Secular

Encore
    -------
    Rabbit Fur Coat
    Acid Tongue
    Handle With Care
    Last edited by Masaka; 16 Oct 2006 at 08:39 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Masaka View Post
    Just got back from Jenny Lewis. Show really rocked, had a great time there. They debuted a couple of new songs, and they started off the show with two of my favorites, The Big Guns and You Are What You Love.
    I saw the TV On The Radio show after that, it was really good, lots of energy. Grizzly Bear was supposed to open but their van broke down and they didn't make it . Some kind of crappy YYYs-esque Baltimore band filled in for them, it was pretty disappointing.

Next show for me is in two weeks, Decemberists, night before Halloween, alright.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Hopefully the Melvins in a week and a half
    Trust me, you're in for a treat if you do end up going. I saw them the other night in Rhode Island and it was heavy as hell. If you don't already know, the guys from Big Business are in the band now so there's now two drummers.

6. There is already a thread for this entitled "Is anyone attending any shows in the near future?" Not being a dick, just letting you know, but I think you already know this anyway.

7. It's closed.

8. Silly me.

9. Yeah.

10. Are any of the shows coming up at 9:30 especially worth seeing?

http://www.930.com

I was going to see Ok Go, Blood Brothers, and Ziggy Marley, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I work there so its free, but I dont want to spend ALL my time at the place I work (plus if i go in for a free show, and they need an extra person, i have to work.)
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life