Page 3 of 221 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Seeing Any Shows Soon?

1. LOL @ when I saw Blood Brothers open up for Coheed. They got boo'd off the stage by the DC elitist music folk. I didn't particularly like them, but they did play well. They were just a bit too bizarre for me.

2. DC sure is elitist, i hate thier vocals for the most part, but there are a few songs on thier new album that are really catchy, and I'm a sucker for strange catchy music. Not my usual fare of music, but I'm not embarrased to say I like em.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. The Decemberists on the 24th
    Mewithoutyou on the 26th
    The Secret Machines on the 27th

I've gotta drive to Ft. Worth for the secret machines, but it should be worth it.

4. Blood Brothers have a filthy tight rhythm section which gives me wood. It took me a while to get used to the vocals, but they really are a fantastic band.

5. Agreed. The BB ripped the stage up, I just wasn't too into it. There was this sort of mob mentality going on with all the booing and drink throwing that made me laugh at them rather than enjoy them. They did however look like a bunch of fruits. Perhaps under different circumstances (DC has quite possibly the most pretentious music fans I have ever seen) I would have enjoyed them.

6. I have got used to the BB's vocals to the point where i dont mind them, but I certainly never like, get the urge to sing along, ever.

Best song = lazer life.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. I've seen them four or five times now, and they keep putting on ridiculously amazing live performances. Fuck the haters. Burn Piano Island Burn is still my favorite album of theirs, though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I've seen them four or five times now, and they keep putting on ridiculously amazing live performances. Fuck the haters. Burn Piano Island Burn is still my favorite album of theirs, though.
    Without doubt. Fuckings Greatest Hits, Cecilia and Shame totally own me. I only have seen them once though, and it was before I got into them, so it barely counts.

9. I haven't listened to The Blood Brothers in foreeeeeeeever. Their last album didn't really do too much for me, but I was a big fan of Piano Island when it came out. Saw them open for Cursive once in Richmond too, good show.

As for worthwhile shows coming to the 9:30 Club that aren't sold out... eh, The Rapture, Broken Social Scene, The Black Keys and Cut Chemist I guess, but the only one of those I would go to (if it wasn't on a Tuesday) would be The Rapture.

I'm personally hyped to see The Hold Steady at The Black Cat in DC in November.

Flogging Molly was awesome again. Bridgette is totally necessary. Show was twice as awesome. Pit was also twice as awesome, I've got a nasty bruise from getting kicked in the back. Not more...angry, just more rowdy.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.