Page 217 of 221 FirstFirst ... 203213215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2203

Thread: Anyone Seeing Any Shows Soon?

1. Got tickets to see The Vapors in NYC in October. The venue is basically a bar gig, it's maybe 200 person capacity. Am excite. I didn't even realize they were doing gigs again (I think this might be their first and only US gig since reuniting?)
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 May 2018 at 11:19 AM.

I'd kill most of your families to be at this gig, but life is pain.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    LCD Soundsystem tomorrow at Brooklyn Steel. Last time I saw them in Providence at their "final tour."
    Shoulda sent you a message, that's like 3 blocks away from me.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. P H I L C O L L I N S
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Someone was shooting video of our set tonight and the camera couldn’t handle the vibrations.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. OMG OMG OMG

The Pillows are coming to Portland!!!!
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I didn't know they were still together, that's cool.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Kendrick, SZA and Schoolboy Q on Sunday
    Made a last minute call to catch this tour last night. Wasn't sure I could make it work (Had work in NY, and the show was in Philly two hours later). Got tickets morning-of and somehow managed to get decent seats, and showed up an hour late, just in time to catch Schoolboy Q and Kendrick (there were like 3-4 openers before them I missed, but I don't really care).

SZA no-showed, apparently she had a vocal injury and was taken off of the summer shows, so that was a drag. But I was mostly there for Kendrick, and he didn't disappoint. This was a non-stop party from front to back. Not one person standing still. Great crowd, great show.

Added a few more shows to my schedule. Seeing Screaming Females tomorrow. Insomnium in two weeks. The Breeders in August, and Judas Priest in September. This is the most packed summer I've had in years, as far as shows go.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Jun 2018 at 04:43 PM.

9. Saw the Pixies and Weezer last night, great show.

Parking and the entrance were a hot mess, so we piled in a little late and not sure if I missed Debaser or they just didn't play it, but that was kind of a bummer. Other wise the Pixies portion was solid, if a bit straightforward.

Weezer's setlist was killer and they sprinkled in some really fun and playfully-placed covers. After El Scorcho they started to play a cover of So Happy Together that became a mashup with Green Day's Longview, haha. Rivers was deep in the audience for a solo version of Island in the Sun, after which he led on like they were about to play their cover of Africa like everyone was expecting, and instead launched into an acoustic audience sing-along of Take On Me. As he rejoined the stage, they played a kinda camouflaged arrangement of Smells Like Teen Spirit that had a bunch of people in the audience saying "Why do I know this?" and ripped off his captain's outfit to reveal that Nirvana tee all the kids who don't know anything about Nirvana are wearing lately. They eventually actually did play Africa, and ended the show with Say It Ain't So dovetailing into Sabbath's Paranoid as the finale. All that with all the hits you'd expect, and a few of the deeper tracks from Blue and Pinkerton I wanted to hear but weren't really guarantees. Agh, so good.

10. I was considering going to that, but I'm seeing a lot of shows and Pixies without Kim Deal is sort of a deal breaker (fuck, that wasn't intentional).

I saw David Byrne last night. Talking Heads are maybe my favorite band and I've wanted to see him forever but he tours infrequently and I was never able to make it work.

I bought cheap tickets in the back to get me in the door and then forged tickets for a pair of unsold seats in the fifth row, because I'm a scumbag. The show was phenomenal. He's got a 12-piece band with him, and they all have wireless equipment to move freely around the stage. The set is very spare, giving a lot of room for interesting (and typically odd) choreography. They sounded amazing, and the set was about 50/50 solo and Talking Heads stuff. The TH stuff wasn't just the hits. They also did some fan favorites like I Zimbra and The Great Curve that lent themselves really well to the kind of band he had. They seemed to stay away from the first two albums (no Psycho Killer or Take me to the River), but that was probably more because that stuff was all written for a smaller band.