Page 216 of 221 FirstFirst ... 202212214215216217218220 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2203

Thread: Anyone Seeing Any Shows Soon?

1. I'm so into seeing Endon, but didn't get the chance.
    Boo, Hiss.

LCD Soundsystem tomorrow at Brooklyn Steel. Last time I saw them in Providence at their "final tour."
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Grabbed tickets to see Brit Floyd (Pink Floyd cover band from Brittin') in March, really stoked to finally catch them as this is the third year in a row they've come to town and I've woefully been unable to attend the prior shows. Had never heard of them until a few years back when I randomly saw a concert on WXXI (PBS) and their rendition of On The Turning Away had me in tears. Super excited!

4. Got tickets to see David Byrne in March and in July. The March show is better seats and smaller venue but like 3 hours away, so I haven't decided which one I'm going to yet.

What's three hours for a better experience?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What's three hours for a better experience?
    Far away show is on a work night, and I feel bad for my friend who would have to drive an hour and a half to me and THEN go 3 hours. The other show is like 20 mins from him.

7. Got to see Lauryn Hill at the Apollo last night. In typical Lauryn Hill fashion she waited until 3 hours after the posted time to take the stage and a lot of the audience was worn out, but the show she did was good. She has a big like 11-12 piece band, and didn't use any pre-recorded tracks. The arrangements of the songs were wildly different from their album versions, but sounded great. She did almost everything from Miseducation (minus maybe 3 songs), like 4 Fugees songs, and a couple covers. The Apollo is a pretty small, great-sounding venue, so I was pretty happy about that.

My girlfriend still left feeling pissed about the wait. I was kind of expecting it, but she felt very disrespected.

8. Jesus, first Cosby, then Kanye, and now Lauren. When will black celebrities stop disappointing their fans?!

9. Stuff I am going to this summer:

Common, Talib Kweli, Foo Fighters, David Byrne, Caroline Rose, Judas Priest, Angelique Kidjo.

10. Kendrick, SZA and Schoolboy Q on Sunday
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.