Thread: Yakitake Japan and Bartender

1. Yakitake Japan and Bartender

Just saw this posted up on sub's LiveJournal:

Quote Originally Posted by The Description
    The bartender of this series is actually Azuma Kazuma, aged (pun intended) in his late twenties. The protagonist of the Ja-Pan epic Yakitate!! Japan lost his ability to create new, innovative bread types and ultimately lost his battle against Japanese tastes, then succumbed to alife of alcohol and drugs. As he lived out this path to destruction, he also partially lost his solar hands, being unable to reclaim any glory he previously had in the field of bread. However, during this dark period of this life, he found that his solar hands' abilities were not completely extinguished; his native abilities led to success when he tried his shot at working as a bartender, and the receptive public (who did not know about his depressing past) dubbed his drinks "God's Glass". In this anime series, Azuma Kazuma (never referenced directly by this name, taking on an alias) aids others' problems in life by providing a compassionate ear and a godly drink; it is a memorable, healing anime where, by hepling others face their own respective problems, he himself gains confidence and is able to face the remorse he holds for his own past.
    I love unusual story twists like this, and hearing that this character from something I had little-to-no interest in had something this interesting happen kinda makes me wish I'd have seen some of this before.

...but I don't want to watch the bread anime if it's bad. Is it? I'd love to see this character's change from light-hearted baker to depressed bartender.

EDIT: LOL FAKE
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 15 Oct 2006 at 04:01 PM.

2. Um, the bread anime is awesome and it's still going to my knowledge with a lot left to go, but that would be a sweet sequel if it's true.

3. This is the craziest twist I've ever heard of in an anime. Yakitate Japan was funny and light hearted, with all these off the wall jokes, and Asuma was like this happy go lucky kid that just liked making bread. Now he's a recovering substance abuser, turned bartender. That is fucking crazy insane to me. But yeah Yakitate Japan is a great anime everyone should watch, and it ended a few months ago I think at episode 60 or so.

4. Oh man that sucks, that would have been a great twist. And the bartender does look like an older version of asuma, and that girl they keep showing looks like the daughter of the owner of the bread company.

5. Yakitate is awesome! Watch it. It's even on Youtube if you're too lazy to download it.