Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: To ECM

1. To ECM

Hi ECM,

I have been meaning to post this message for months...

We need you now more than ever, i may be alone thinking this but for the first time in 15 years history has repeated again in video games.
    But there is one major thing missing! In the next month, 2 new systems will luanch and the one genere is no where to be seen : SHMUPS ! You must make
    a make magazine dedicated to shmups you are the only person who is capable
    of takeing on this massive task. You must come back and reclaim this miss understood genere, in tokyo at least in arcades there are tons of new shmups! That brings me to another thing that angers me in the late 90's
    arcades all over this country died that is such tragedy, there are only a few
    states left that still have arcade games. And one last thing i know i am alone on this one i bought every single arcade collection made since the mid 90's
    it's no wonder that very few are comeing out this year becuase no one gives a shit about them and really is a shaime. Oh well, ECM, Please make a come back....

2. First.

Edit - Fuck.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Quote Originally Posted by Darius11 View Post
    Hi ECM,

We need you now more than ever, i may be alone thinking this but for the first time in 15 years history has repeated again in video games.
    But there is one major thing missing! In the next month, 2 new systems will luanch and the one genere is no where to be seen : SHMUPS ! You must make
    of takeing on this massive task. You must come back and reclaim this miss understood genere, in tokyo at least in arcades there are tons of new shmups! That brings me to another thing that angers me in the late 90's
    states left that still have arcade games. And one last thing i know i am alone on this one i bought every single arcade collection made since the mid 90's
    it's no wonder that very few are comeing out this year becuase no one gives a shit about them and really is a shaime. Oh well, ECM, Please make a come back....
    That's a lovely accent you have.

New Jersey?

4. Thread of the Year.

5. The genre is too limited. I would like to see a US Retro-Gamer magazine with ECM at the helm, though.

Reading his "review" on Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins was nice. His reviews are usually spot-on. Always an entertaining read.

6. He's got a good point though. The reason there's not shmups on PS3 or 360 is probably because there's no monthly print publication devoted to them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Darius11 View Post
    Hi ECM,

I don't play "shmups" anymore. I grew out of that, so no thanks. If you want to bring them back, then best of luck to you. Though I have been kicking around the idea of starting a new magazine, it would probably be devoted to mostly Western games.

8. Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    I don't play "shmups" anymore. I grew out of that, so no thanks. If you want to bring them back, then best of luck to you. Though I have been kicking around the idea of starting a new magazine, it would probably be devoted to mostly Western games.
    Mostly western games where you shoot things up.

9. I know I'd definitely like to see a magazine dedicated to the 3-5 new releases a year that are derivative sequels.