Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Professor Layton and the Mysterious Villiage --official

1. Professor Layton and the Mysterious Villiage --official

This is a little old, and touched on in Neozeedeater's DS adventure game thread, but I don't think it has been discussed here otherwise, so here's a thread. This game has already won me over with it's presentation, and while not many details are known, it is being developed by Level-5 (Dark Cloud series, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII), so I am confident that it will turn out well. It looks amazingly charming, almost like playing a Miyazaki film.

Official site:
    http://www.layton.jp/

Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6XjLPBvDV8

I recommend watching it at the official site, though, as it is a much higher quality version. Click the big circle on the home page to get to it.

Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Ooh, that looks neat! I wonder how the animation will look on the DS screen, though, and how much cartridge space it'll take up. Either way, Level 5 on DS = insta-sale.

James

3. I am in love with that. Triplets of Belleville + any 1980's Japanese animation retelling of literary classic style = ^_~ l'est-ce que, desu ne? I hope the gameplay is more than those little puzzles.
    Donk

4. That looks like very interesting indeed.. Now i just need to buy a DS, hmm Black or white, i wonder.....

I wish i could understand what exactly everyone was saying in that trailor haha, oh well..
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

5. whoah. that artwork looks so great. everyone's got different-ish noses and head shapes!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Now i just need to buy a DS, hmm Black or white, i wonder.....
    Pink.

7. Quote Originally Posted by rama View Post
    whoah. that artwork looks so great. everyone's got different-ish noses and head shapes!
    And body shapes are way varied too. It makes me believe in the good of humanity.
    Donk

8. Note that the variation doesn't really apply to the young ladies so much.(I'd say all ladies but the old one has a beaknose)

9. It applies to EVERYONE, rezo. EVERYONE. Like that one girl, her nose is slightly pointier, and that one girl has bossoms and hips, because she's a hooker.
    Donk

10. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    ^_~ l'est-ce que, desu ne?
    Oh lord.

But yes, I agree with you, this game looks interesting.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.