Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What Is My Stuff Worth?" Thread

1. Well that's what I figured it was but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something weird. Now I regret passing up about 2 dozen sealed copies of 09 for $10 a pop months ago.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

2. Question for you guys, what would you pay for a PS2 package that included the following:

- Playstation 2 Console (instructions, power cord, a/v cable)
    - Memory Card (8MB)
    - 2 dual-shock controllers (great condition)
    - 2 Guitar Hero controllers (great condition)
    - Remote Control
    - 29 Games (game only in clear case, no booklets - all games in excellent condition)

Game Titles

007 nightfire
    Black
    Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008
    Crash Bandicoot - The Wrath of Cortex
    Devil May Cry
    Evil Dead - A Fistful of Boomstick
    The Godfather - The Game
    Gran Turismo 3
    Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas
    Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
    Guitar Hero
    Guitar Hero II
    Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock
    Legends of Wrestling II
    Manhunt
    Marvel VS. Capcom 2
    Max Payne
    Maximo
    Mega Man - Anniversary Collection
    Midnight Club Street Racing
    Midway Arcade Treasures
    Midway Arcade Treasures 2
    Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance
    Ratchet & Clank
    Resident Evil 4
    The Simpsons - Road Rage
    Spider-Man
    Super Bust-A-Move 2
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

originally I figured $250 - $300... but seeing as most of the games on my list are going for $1.00 on ebay, I'm not so sure now. Also, do you think I would do better just selling everything separately?
    Last edited by Jason; 25 Dec 2009 at 06:45 PM.

3. Take out MvC2 and I'd say it's worth about $50, if you're lucky. Disc only cheapo PS2 games aren't worth shit. I'd actually be surprised if you can get more than $40 for it all.

Disc only MvC2 should net you about $35-$40 though.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

4. shit, that's bleak. Why is MvC2 worth so much? is it rare or something?

thanks for the assessment

Not many people had Dreamcasts, so for a while the ps2 version was the only way a lot of people could play the game at home. The release of the XBLA version reduced the price somewhat, but not by much.

Also, you didn't mention if the system was a slim or regular. The slim is worth a bit more cash, the fat you can barely give away.

Sorry, dude. The ps2's popularity kills the collectible value. Kinda like the Genesis, 90% of the games aren't worth anything now, even though it was the system of choice for the cool kids back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. Yeah, I was assuming it was the slim system in good condition. If it's the old fatboy model then you'll be lucky to pull $30.

7. I see people posting more or less that exact same collection (minus MvC2) on craigslist all the time and asking for like $250 and saying not to e-mail them with "ridiculous lowball offers." And re posting it over and over again for months and months.

8. alright, thanks. I'll push my luck and try and get $150 for everything... if nobody bites I'll bring it down. Shit, you ain't kidding about MvC2... I guess eventually I'll just put that game up for sale if I can't sell it all.

9. I'd go ahead and split it off right now. It's really not going to add much to the value of a crap lot, everyone who wants that already has a PS2. Sell that and post the rest of the junk for $150 and hope to get lucky.