Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Year Awards?

1. End of Year Awards?

I think it would be a fun time to name end of year awards to posters.

IE: Most useless, best, worst thread, best thread, etc. It'd give us something else to fuck around about. Couldn't be to much work I'd imagine.

Maybe I'm wrong, just a suggestion.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. You're a month too early, I think. I was thinking about intro-ing this around Thanksgiving.

3. Yeah, I didn't think now was the time to spread the word, but if you hadn't thought about it, maybe to give you time to organize. /run-on /discombobulated

Cool though.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. There are still several games coming out this year, so we should wait on this kind of voting. After all, this is the Internet and not print.

There's nothing that's going to receive any votes coming. Let's get this show on the road.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    There's nothing that's going to receive any votes coming.
    A new Castlevania and a new MGS, so at least for handheld systems there is.

7. Are you planning to do something official as far as a TNL GotY awards (games specifically, not what Icarus is suggesting), Nick? Because I was figuring on doing a "TNL's GotY" extension of our regular "TNL's GotM" thread.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. If we're talking about the year in games, the new DS Castlevania comes to mind, and some of us haven't beaten Zelda yet. If we are talking the year in threads and posts, about 5% of the year's posts are yet to come.

But let's do this before someone starts a crappy "Best of": let's come up with the categories first and then make an official thread. There are the obvious ones for the forum:

Best Overall Poster
    Funniest Thread
    Most Welcome Comeback
    Most Unwelcome Comeback
    Most Informative Thread
    Biggest Waste of Bandwidth (Thread)
    Most Respected Poster
    Most Hated Poster
    Best Avatar (maybe)
    Best Sig (maybe)
    Biggest Nuts
    Worst Newbie with More Than One Post
    Best Couple
    Best Feud
    Worst Feud
    Best Trend
    Worst Trend
    Biggest Pleasant Surprise
    Biggest Disappointment

What else?

Post categories only and I can make a separate forum just for the year end and make each category a thread with a poll users can vote on. It'll be cool and make it all more official.

9. Worst thread: Right in here.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon
    Worst thread: Right in here.
    If only. There have been some terrible topics this year. Wasn't there one called "Damn, I'm Hung"?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Are you planning to do something official as far as a TNL GotY awards . . . ?
    Yeah. See my idea above about a dedicated forum with polls.

More categories:

Most Welcome Ban
    Best Instance of Moderation
    Worst Instance of Moderation