Thread: Yu Gi Oh

1. Yu Gi Oh

lol my girlfriend loves the show, the Japanese version, the one where they leave it as is and it's.. actually.. soo... enjoyable v.v. It's a lot darker, I never realized that into the show the characters become really well developed, and that you can't always see what is going to happen. I can't believe this show was this good before 4Kids touched it, though I also get more enjoyment out of the fact my girlfriend bought Fansubbed (terrible.. hong kong fan subs which are fucking halarious at times).

And the magic etc make it a bit more interesting, I expect to get reemed for this, but it's a good show.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    I can't believe this show was this good before 4Kids touched it
    That's basically the mantra for anything 4kids related. It's happened with One Piece and Tokyo mew mew etc.

3. Tokyo mew mew is good in Japanese? Maybe I should check it out. But it's moreso I can't believe a show revolving around a card game (But once it has the ties to ancient egypt etc it's understandable and it's cool) could actually have a good plot, as well as surprise you as well as many other good animes.

4. The first season of YuGiOh is a lot of fun. Yugi has a pedo-smile and he stabs people and lights them on fire.
    ...at least that's what happens in the manga.
    But, yeah, once that card shit starts, it's all over.

5. Finding out the cards' effects is the best part of the show. Go Jinzo!

6. Fuck that, when they get to the Atlantis Arc, finding out what the dragon combinations will do is awesome, Blue eyes + whatever the fuck Kaiba's dragon is + Tyran wings = badass.

I just can't believe the inane shit they edited, "OH KNOW, THE BLACK MAGICIAN HAS A PENTAGON ON HIS CARD!" and shit like that.

7. they also edited the harpy ladies outfits and other random things. i didn't think it was a big deal 'cause i only got to watch the show on tv.

most of my fave battles in the show involved joey. like...the joey vs marik parts + joey vs valon/falon (that guy on the motor bike with the gogles.) in season 3...or 4. i can't remember.