Thread: The Marvel Encyclopedia

1. The Marvel Encyclopedia

Saw this at Books A Million but didn't have time to look through it. Has any picked this up? Thoughts?

Here is the book incase you haven't seen it
    http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Encyclo...250403?ie=UTF8
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

2. I may have looked through one when I was Christmas shopping. I know for sure I bought several dedicated to one title, like Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. I bought a couple of those as gifts and they were well worth it.

Here's a flashy link that can make TNL some commission if you do decide to buy the book. Hover your cursor on it to see more information on price and availability, or just click through to access the whole Amazon listing.

Last edited by Nick; 25 Oct 2006 at 11:31 AM.

3. That's a really good price, considering it retails for $40.
    I'm seriously considering purchasing this.

4. Saw this in Barnes and Noble. It's mostly a collection of a series Marvel released years ago called the Official Guidebook to the Marvel Universe. Most of the stuff in there is pretty old, I think the original series was published back in the early 80's (in color, unlike this book).

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Saw this in Barnes and Noble. It's mostly a collection of a series Marvel released years ago called the Official Guidebook to the Marvel Universe. Most of the stuff in there is pretty old, I think the original series was published back in the early 80's (in color, unlike this book).
    Is it informative about the characters?

I'm actually surprised it's not up to date with the current stuff if that's what you're saying. Even though it's a compliation, they could at least update it for new people.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Is it informative about the characters?

I'm actually surprised it's not up to date with the current stuff if that's what you're saying. Even though it's a compliation, they could at least update it for new people.
    I can't imangine them releasing character bios today that are 20 years old. I didn't really read much of the book but I'm sure they must have updated the info.

Anyway, shit yeah, it's informative. Depending on the character, they get anywhere from one page to several pages devoted to them. All their vital stats are listed, their history, their powers and/or equipment are listed and explained, everything.

Here's an example- it's pretty in-depth, especially for a faggot nobody like The Jester:

http://www.thenoodlebowl.com/jesters...tats_large.jpg

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I can't imangine them releasing character bios today that are 20 years old. I didn't really read much of the book but I'm sure they must have updated the info.

Anyway, shit yeah, it's informative. Depending on the character, they get anywhere from one page to several pages devoted to them. All their vital stats are listed, their history, their powers and/or equipment are listed and explained, everything.

Here's an example- it's pretty in-depth, especially for a faggot nobody like The Jester:

http://www.thenoodlebowl.com/jesters...tats_large.jpg
    LOL, faggot nobody.

Thanks for the heads up man.