Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Basic Grammar" sticky

1. OUTSTANDING
    Time for a change

2. It's worthless cause a lot of it is just laziness.

3. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Lesson 1 -- Commas and periods should always be placed inside quotation marks, while semicolons and colons should always go outside the quotation marks. Exclamation points and question marks go on the inside if they are included in the quotation or on the outside if they are a part of the sentence at large, and not the quotation itself.
    I AM LEARNING ALREADY!

4. Who writes bad enough (besides buttplant) that this is actually needed?

5. Bad grammar isn't what get's me. It's the people who refuse to use the shift key as necessary who really irritate me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Giltch View Post
    Bad grammar isn't what get's me.
    No shit?

7. fuck

lol username

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I've known intelligent people who still mess up on the "its/it's" thing, not realizing how simple the rule actually is.
    truth. I've known guys who could set and do computer code in there head, memorize it, then throw it down later in about 5 minutes. And it would be a lot of code, all organized perfectly. But this guy still couldn't remember his own home or cell number.

People are not the same. They retain, organize and remember information differently from each other, especially our most intelligent.

But you will never get the grammar Nazis on this board to accept this. As long as they can use the mental flaws of others to bolster and exalt themselves, they will.

EDIT: I'm not discrediting the importance of writing. I'm just saying that skill, intelligence, and ability is not so clean cut that it can be judged on one's ability remember and use language.

EDIT2: I don't know why I posted this. I keep forgetting that the jackasses don't care that they are jackasses.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 22 Oct 2006 at 01:21 AM.