Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: "Basic Grammar" sticky

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    You mean "Guide to Writing Well.

Edit: Beaten. Darn.
    Yeah, we definitely need a humor sticky.

"Reptile's Guide to Understanding Jokes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter 1
    Sssssssssss.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk View Post
    #1 drivel
    That's weird. I just corrected a friend of mine on this word on Monday. He was saying "dribble", and apparently had been his entire life.

Probably most people have a few of those hidden away in their vocabulary. I thought "haphazard" was pronounced "haffazard" (I thought the "ph" was pronounced as an "f" like in "phone") until I heard Rachel say it in Friends a few years ago.

3. New sticky: "Commonly Mispronounced or Misunderstood Words" by Rachel from Friends.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

4. The only thing that kind of bothers me a little is mixing up ridiculous for rediculous. But I make enough mistakes for seven people on these forums so I don't bring it up. Not that I wouldn't, it just seems kind of pointless to complain about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    The only thing that kind of bothers me a little is mixing up ridiculous for rediculous.
    Search: Key Word(s): seperate Showing results 1 to 50 of 1655

btw SUPPOSABLY.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. its addicting!

8. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    its addicting!
    IT'S ADDICTING, GEEZ

ITS SUGGESTS POSSESSION OF IT WHEREAS IT'S IS A CONTRACTION OF IT IS

SIEG HEIL GRAMMAR HITLER

9. cka has never been funny.
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 27 Oct 2006 at 09:44 PM.

10. lol