Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2007 Mets thread

IAWTP. If he pulled the trigger on the rumored Milledge for Zito deal, he'd have won a World Series. Good call, Omar.

2. The pitching was fine. The only guy who sucked was Trachsel and he was going to start over Maine and Perez anyway. Plus Zito got bombed by the same Tigers we would have called on him to shut down.

And for the fiftieth time, Omar was set to turn Milledge into Oswalt until Baltimore pulled out, and that would have been a far better pickup than Zito.

It's very easy to say that this deal should have been made in hindsight, but even if it was, we'd STILL have to resign the guy now.

Maybe Milledge should have been traded, but Zito wasn't the right move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. I don't think Zito was the right guy to trade Milledge for, but the longer Omar waits to deal him the lower his value will be.

The 2006 Mets were a failure to me, just like the 1987-2005 Mets. I agree completely that Oswalt was the right trade, but not making a trade was proven to be the wrong move. Granted, Minaya could not have anticipated the Hernandez injury, but the starters were questionable before that.

Since the Devils and Cowboys have won 6 championships since the Mets last won one, I don't give a fuck about division titles. Of course, Lou Lamoriello is 7,000 times the GM Minaya is, so I shouldn't be surprised.

5. Trading Milledge for Zito would have been a terrible move regardless of the consequences. There are a lot of reasons the Mets didn't go all the way, but none of them have anything to do with Barry Zito.

I wouldn't mind signing him now though.

PS. Being a good hockey GM is the equivalent of being good at watering plants.

6. Mets' new ballpark to be named CitiField. $20M annually for 20 years soothes the corporate sting a bit. That's more than double the most lucrative naming rights deal between the Texans and Reliant Energy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2657969

7. Here is the official (as per the NY Daily News) 2007 Mets schedule. Mets will see the Twins and A's at Shea and go to Detroit for interleague action.