Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a bunch of stuff in my queue

1. Thoughts on a bunch of stuff in my queue

kakurenbo-hide and seek (i know its short but the description seemed ace)
    kamichu
    speed grapher
    gun sword
    trinity blood (looks badass, too bad only the first disc is out)
    gantz (always hear this come up, never looked into it. bb.com has two different version of some of the discs. anybody know why?)

2. I made threads on all of them cept gun sword and kamichu.

Kakurenbo looks and sounds nice, but is over way too fast. They even showed it for free when it first came out.

Speed grapher was pretty interesting when I was watching fan subs, but they stopped making em early on so I didn't get too far into it. I do need to start picking up the dvds, cause I enjoyed the animation, music and different story. I'm still a bit miffed they didn't get the Japanese opening song "duran duran- girls on film" for the US release...which is retarded.

Gun sword I seen a preview for it and the animation looked so cheap that it turned me off instantly.

Trinity Blood was pretty cool from what I watched, nice animation and music. Plus it had some nice action and characters. It should fill the void till the new hellsing comes out.

I love Gantz and the anime is pretty good also with a killer soundtrack. I just wished it would goto a 3rd season. Plus they need to bring the manga to the US which blows the anime out the water. Gantz is rather ultra violent, so maybe they have some toned down dvd's, other than that I have no idea why they have 2 verisons.

3. Kakurenbo = garbage.

Speed Grapher - Yeah, really badass. Also, they didn't stop making fansubs as soon as you thought.

4. okay took kakurenbo and gun blade off.

5. You can probably find Kakurembo on Youtube, watch it in 30 minutes, and then move on. It looked nice but it's not worth your time on Netflix.

Trinity Blood is a really mixed bag. I've only seen a few episodes and it seems like some unholy combination of Trigun, Hellsing, and Crono Crusade.

Gantz is some good, violent, semi-h sci fi action. The way they made the DVD's was complete ass though, packing 2 episodes per but making them about 10 dollars each. If you're doing it through Netflix, where you're charged for time and not for content, you might feel gypped on this one.

6. Oh, yeah, Dyne. Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    It's fantastic if you enjoy ridiculous plots and characters.

...but nobody else is going to agree with me now that Clash_Master disappeared.

7. I saw the first two eps of Kamichu recently, and it's pretty nice. Cute slice of life type anime, moves at a relaxed pace... a bit Miyazaki-esque actually. The animation was apparently done by the same guys who did the R.O.D. TV series, and it's gorgeous. I say give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial View Post

Trinity Blood .... It should fill the void till the new hellsing comes out.
    it fucking will fucking not

fuck

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Oh, yeah, Dyne. Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    It's fantastic if you enjoy ridiculous plots and characters.

...but nobody else is going to agree with me now that Clash_Master disappeared.

I agree. Granted, I only have the first volume of the US release manga, but it's awsome.

Out of that list, the only one I have seen is Trinity Blood, and I can't stand it at all. It has a really cliched, pretentious vibe to it.

You should try checking out Code Geass/Death Note/Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars. All are pretty good choices this season. Death Note in particular! I haven't seen production values like that in a while, it really stays true to its source material. The other two are mecha shows. If you're a fan of giant robots, I'm pretty sure you'lll ike those.

10. Old, but it's fun chiming in on these threads:

Kakurenbo- total shit

Speed Grapher - this is one of the reasons I still have faith in Gonzo.

Trinity Blood - this is one of the reasons I'm losing faith in Gonzo