Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Note

1. Death Note

Anime, didn't know about it, watching the first episode. Oh shit.

2. It's pretty damn good. It's amazing that they can take a show about writing names and make it entertaining.

3. I was surprised that the manga accomplished the same thing, watched the first episode, pretty good. The music fits well with the series, and the characters pretty much got the craziness of Light down. So I look forward to more of it.

4. So much better than the disappointment the live action movie was.

I actually like the manga, even if it's a little wordy and dumb sometimes. He knows I know this, so I must do this because then he'll think I'm thinking this but in reality I'll be thinking this and then he'll say this and I'll be like, lol I knew it and I AM 10 MOVES AHEAD!!

I'll check this out, definitely.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Yeah, that whole struggle between the two was what it was all about. The live action didn't have any of that (though I hadn't seen past the first hour...).

7. anything DeathNote is made of win, god, and misamisa. except DN yaoi faggot shit. that ain't cool.

8. I was impressed with the first episode. The series is shaping up to be very good and VERY faithful to the manga. Considering it's already done and over with, I can pretty much be sure about the lack of any filler, which would completely ruin Death Note otherwise.

Compared to many other series based off Shonen Jump material, Death Note seems to easily have the highest production values yet. The first episode was GORGEOUS. The music, shading, everything.

Is it a guilty pleasure that I'm rooting for Light? <

9. Wait, you man the manga actually had an ending within a reasonable amount of time?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Wait, you man the manga actually had an ending within a reasonable amount of time?
    Yeah. It was only 9 volumes long in the Shonen Jump run, and recently a 10th epilogue volume got released.