Thread: Welcome to Buckethead Land...

1. Welcome to Buckethead Land...

*insert Theme Song here*

Yes, ladies and gents, its that time again. its the time for the Buckethead thread that you all know of and love to death.

So, has anyone heard of this guitar virtuoso?

For those who dont know about him, Ill start off like this:

Buckethead is an art rock group. The lead singer and mainstay is Buckethead himself, and he employs various other people from time to time to fill in the gaps for the rest of the band. He started his first two albums as merely theme songs for ficititious battles between good and evil, such as himself vs SlipDisc and AquaBot.

But, his first ablum flopped here in the states but damn was it popular in Japan.

So, after a good two year wait, Buckethead released his album Giant Robot. It shot him into the underground fame with the single Binge and Grab. The album kept alot of the "theme song" quirkyness of the first album, but fleshed out into real songs as well, example: binge and grab.

So, after a while, Buckethead went off and did his own thing. He created another band entitled Death Cube K. This was an ambient/noise group consisting of himself and the genius Bill Laswell. He released the album and it did about as expected with his core audience. He then released the highly themed Day of the Robot concept album, which didnt do too well cause, quite frankly, its weird as hell.

So, another year or so passes and another Death Cube K album comes out and then Buckethead releases Colma. Now, Colma is probably one of the most praised and reknowned albums to date. It was a drastic change from his other three albums. This entire cd was nothing more than accoustic melodies with small beats and ambient sound... very minimalistic to say the least.

Colma did well as an indie album, but then his next album, Monsters and Robots was picked up by major players in the industry such as Guitar World and MTV. His videos and tabs etc etc were displayed every where and the album did fairly well due to its exposure into the lime light.

So, another hiatus, and another couple of side projects such as the extremely hip hop oriented Praxis, Coba Strike, and another Death Cube K album surfaced.

Buckethead then released Somewhere over the Slaughterhouse, a hugely drastic change in what he does. The album features hardly no live music, save for Buckethead. The rest of the album is done with electronics.

Its a dark and heavy album compared to the rest of his stuff.

Never heard him before? You probably have. He did the OST to both Mortal Kombat movies, did several Disney movies, and also did some stuff with Last Action Hero.

So... there you have it. Buckethead in a nutshell.

2. I <3 Buckethead. I created a topic about him quite a while ago at a previous TNL incarnation, but don't recall getting many replies. Anyway, yea, one of my favorite musicians ever.

buk-ket-hed wuz rayzd in a shik-kin-koop by shik-kins
    vur-choo-ul-ree-ale-ih-ty muh-nip-yew-lay-shun
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

3. I'm not a fan, so I read through your post quick and maybe you allready mentioned this. He is the lead guitarist for Guns n Roses now. Axl is still working on the new album, but they did play a handful of shows last year, and Buckethead was there...with a KFC bucket on his head. I also had a cd by DJ Disk, and Buckethead was on a track or two.
    pwned by Ivan