Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP downloadable demo thread

1. Sony has to put up a fight. I'm sure someone would sue them if they just let people do copyright-infringin' shit on their console.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Thanks, Andy. I ask only because I enjoy playing Earthbound on my PSP.
    That is one of the few things that have ever actually made me consider running emulation on my PSP. Why wont you give me Mother 1 + 2 and 3, Nintendo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I've found that Loco Roco is REALLY annoying.
    The gameplay, that is. I love the presentation and the music! Honest!
    I don't think the gameplay is the greatest, either, but which demo did you try? The first one is definitely the most boring. The latest one is a really nice change of pace. I've only tried the Halloween one for about a minute, so I'm not sure about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    With something like Devhook around, why even bother requiring a certain version to play UMD's anymore? It's been a long, fruitless struggle against homebrewers for Sony.
    You understand why they do this, don't you? I'm sure Sony would love to let people do what they want with homebrew, if it meant more people buying PSP's and PSP software; but they have to fight it because it also let's people run pirated software freely, and allowing that would not only kill their relationship with their third parties, but open them up to all kinds of legal issues.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

You understand why they do this, don't you? I'm sure Sony would love to let people do what they want with homebrew, if it meant more people buying PSP's and PSP software; but they have to fight it because it also let's people run pirated software freely, and allowing that would not only kill their relationship with their third parties, but open them up to all kinds of legal issues.
    Of course I understand why, but with these efforts being thwarted almost immediately after spending the money to make these security updates, you'd have to wonder which is more costly: looking the other way and having only the potential for legal issues, or making relentless updates to try and thwart any further homebrew efforts, which they never will?

4. The Loco Roco Christmas demo is out, added to the first post. Ape Academy 2 also added.

Loco Roco is worth the download, very cool little treat. AA2 not so much.
    Last edited by Andy; 17 Dec 2006 at 01:41 AM.

5. killzone demo is out.

3.03 req D=

http://www.killzone.com/pc/en_US/main.html

6. 3.03-a should be out tomorrow

=D

7. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    killzone demo is out.

3.03 req D=

http://www.killzone.com/pc/en_US/main.html
    Damn, nice. Added.

I was wondering if they were ever going to offer a downloadable demo. I have the UMD demo, so here's hoping this is different. For those who've played Medal of Honor: Infiltrator and enjoyed it, this feels very much like a spiritual successor.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Damn, nice. Added.

I was wondering if they were ever going to offer a downloadable demo. I have the UMD demo, so here's hoping this is different. For those who've played Medal of Honor: Infiltrator and enjoyed it, this feels very much like a spiritual successor.
    apparently they released a non umd demo so it would be easier to find people to multiplayer with.

9. Medal of Honor: Heroes demo is out, added to the first post.

This is probably the best demo available now, next to the Loco Roco demos. Very impressive job. Usually playing an FPS on underpowered hardware feels terribly sluggish and unresponsive, but the game not only looks great, but it runs beautifully as well, with a very high, consistent framerate and super-smooth control. It's not a campaign mission, but a DM-style skirmish vs the AI, so it's the kind of demo worth keeping on your stick whenever you feel like a quick burst of Nazi killing. This is the game that was touted with 32 player online multiplayer, btw.

Anyway, in other demo news, it seems SCEA may be warming up more to releasing downloadable demos, as they recently commented that we'll be seeing more first and third party demos coming shortly, and to expect demos for Syphon Filter and Socom. Up until recently, the majority of the demos offered have been coming from the Euro site.