Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB: The Bigs (arcade baseball from 2K Sports)

1. MLB: The Bigs (arcade baseball from 2K Sports)

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Sports
    Developed by Blue Castle Games, The BIGS brings blazing graphics to huge proportions with larger-than-life MLB player models and ballparks. Featuring fantastic pitching, batting, and fielding animations, gamers can also take advantage of spectacular power-ups with outrageous special effects. As a standard for all major 2K Sports titles, The BIGS features online play for up to four players, making it a grand slam for online baseball battles.
    First screens just released, pretty sweet:

2. im sure it will continue the mainstay of every sports game. looks great in stills but one the animation starts you suddenly remember it's a game. jerkyness between keyframes? yup.......unsteady framerate?......sure.....and on and on.

3. This is the kind of baseball game I want to play. Screw realism.

4. Quote Originally Posted by 2K Sports
    gamers can also take advantage of spectacular power-ups with outrageous special effects.
    INSERT OBVIOUS STEROID JOKE HERE!!!
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

5. Looking good so far. I dug the Slugfest series for what it was and good ol' fashioned arcade baseball always hits the spot (ala Ken Griffey, Baseball Stars series, Baseball Simulator 1.000..etc). I'll keep an eye out for this one.

6. Quote Originally Posted by elfneedsfood View Post
    This is the kind of baseball game I want to play. Screw realism.
    Agreed...arcade-style ftw. Also should play the best on the Wii if Wii Sports baseball is any indication. When is it being released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. I wish someone would do a baseball game similar to Blitz: The League where you inject your players with steroids before games. It wouldn't have the official MLB license obviously but who cares; it's pretty easy to spoof real baseball players accurately.

8. Quote Originally Posted by elfneedsfood View Post
    This is the kind of baseball game I want to play. Screw realism.
    I would kill for a next-gen Base Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Wii version pics:

You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Now THAT'S comedy!