Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread

1. I made a wii:

Also, the prices are too high to download some of that crap IMO.

Total WiiVC Launch Title price: $196.

Eh, I see a few titles that I would like to get. I think I'll probably get Mario 64 (I actually didn't play that game much on the 64) and Gunstar Heroes (never played it.) I'll probably nab a random NES and TG16 title as well just to see how it works out.

I was really hoping to see Starfox 64 come out for VC, but we'll probably see it sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

4. $8 for SNES/Genesis games = no. I'd pay $5 tops.

5. I'd pay 8 bux for Gunstar Heroes any day, man.

I want Columns too...
    Music to Fuel Your Mind!
    www.warptoken.com

6. Columns, TJ & E, Bonk's Adventure, Space Harrier II, and Gunstar Heroes on the VC list interest me. Very few of the actual Wii launch games do, and as a result, I'll probably wait to buy the system.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. I'm kind of hungry. I wish i had ice cream in my freezer. I'd go to the grocery store, but i hate going really late because someone who always buys two carts worth manages to get to the one open register before i can. Also, i need to wake up early for school. Man, i guess i won't get ice cream tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
    Donk

8. Wii Sports control issues

Down to the nitty gritty:
    After spending "several hours" with Wii Sports, IGN's Nintendo editor Matt Casamassina doesn't like the game due to flawed controls with the exception of Wii Bowling which he calls "totally rocking." Regarding Tennis, he had this to say: "You don't control anything except the swing of your player's racket. The movement of these Mii-alike athletes is all done automatically by the game. You simply swing the Wii remote back and forth to make your on-screen character do the same thing."

And for baseball, you select the pitch with the d-pad and then do a throw motion to pitch it. That sounds like some bullshit to me. More details can be found here.

Leaves me unimpressed to be honest. And while the whole "Wii isn't powerful" bit has been pounded into the dirt already how can anyone look at those tennis screens and be happy with a game that looks like that on a console coming out in 2006? How long have they been working on it? The character "models" look like a freeware game. They should just jack Virtua Tennis 2 and change the controls to use the Wii controller.

And put me in the "that's too much money for that" club for the VC games. NES games should be 2 bucks, SNES/Gen 5. 10 seems right for n64 though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I'm kind of hungry. I wish i had ice cream in my freezer. I'd go to the grocery store, but i hate going really late because someone who always buys two carts worth manages to get to the one open register before i can. Also, i need to wake up early for school. Man, i guess i won't get ice cream tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    "You don't control anything except the swing of your player's racket. The movement of these Mii-alike athletes is all done automatically by the game. You simply swing the Wii remote back and forth to make your on-screen character do the same thing."
    People are just realizing this now? It was apparent at E3.