Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FM Towns Marty

FM Towns Marty

This system interests me greatly, the first 32 bit system and it had many formats, and types of software. All very confusing. Why does this system seems so cool, it's Simple. Arcade perfect ports, a perfect Splatterhouse port. Cool Shooters, software to make your own SHMUPS. Adult themed games, superior Lucasart versions of their games. Cool hardcase boxes. Also there are versions of great PC Engine Games like Emerald Dragon, Xak 3, etc. Do these versions offer enhanced graphics over their 16 bit counterparts? I've only read what there is at Assembler's site, nobody it seems has heard of it when I ask, and say software is extremely hard to source. So I ask you hardcore Gamers to post anything you know about this system, anything or what you think? I'm trying to get s much info as possible, but there are no English sites with much content, yes I've done many searches. How many games came out for this system?
    Also what type of Game is Ballade of Maria it has one of the haunting covers I've ever seen?

Thanks for any and all help!

I'd call the X68000 more hard core, mostly because it has perfect versions of more 16-bit classics.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    I'd call the X68000 more hard core, mostly because it has perfect versions of more 16-bit classics.
    Now there's a system that needed to be Martyfied. The X68000 probably owed a lot of its cost to the HDD (hard disks weren't cheap at the time). A X68000 console with expandable RAM and all the larger games (Strider, Final Fight, SSF2, Fatal Fury 2) converted to CD would've been the shit.

Alien Syndrome is one of many games that's ported rather nicely.

4. I would be a very happy man if I ever had a FM Towns Marty, one of the first games I saw for that console was Muscle Bomber, wich we call Saturday Night Slam Master, and it was a perfect arcade port, that was beautifull.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korian
    This system interests me greatly, the first 32 bit system and it had many formats, and types of software. All very confusing. Why does this system seems so cool, it's Simple. Arcade perfect ports, a perfect Splatterhouse port. Cool Shooters, software to make your own SHMUPS. Adult themed games, superior Lucasart versions of their games. Cool hardcase boxes. Also there are versions of great PC Engine Games like Emerald Dragon, Xak 3, etc. Do these versions offer enhanced graphics over their 16 bit counterparts? I've only read what there is at Assembler's site, nobody it seems has heard of it when I ask, and say software is extremely hard to source. So I ask you hardcore Gamers to post anything you know about this system, anything or what you think? I'm trying to get s much info as possible, but there are no English sites with much content, yes I've done many searches. How many games came out for this system?
    Also what type of Game is Ballade of Maria it has one of the haunting covers I've ever seen?

Thanks for any and all help!
    Check my site.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shou
    Check my site.
    Is there a link?

7. Hey guys, the last link, the one for ebay, the seller is selling a Rakugaki Showtime currently.

Wanna buy it now for $189?

8. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    Is there a link?
    in his profile!

Marwan and Company thank you kindly for the feedback.

Shou- yes I will check out your site, I've been their before but last time the FM Towns titles weren't listed yet but that was awhile ago. Out of curiousity do you enjoy the system?