Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PS2 Slim disc swap mod

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    *edit* I tried Castlevania SOTN (legit) and it didn't work. You don't swap the CD until AFTER it boots into PS2 mode, it just gives you a "Not a valid PS2 disc" error when you try to boot it.
    Have you studied the documentation and looked for answers on 'pirate' boards etc?

There is no documentation, but the Faq on Swap Magic's official site states that their discs were never made to boot PSX discs, and they actually recommend Breaker Pro.

Mine doesn't have the Action Replay stuff, which is what I prefer. I believe you need the Coder's version if you want the cheats and stuff.

I seem to recall there was a workaround that installed something onto a memory card to allow for PSX booting, but to be honest I haven't cared enough to dig into it, as I can't think of any PSX games I want to pirate.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. So I am ready to mod my PS2 for some Guitar Hero II custom-song action now that I have access to a DVD burner.

Does anyone have any experience with this modding method (same website that Gohan used, but a different product):

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/magickeysorder.php

Seems like it'd be a lot easier than installing the flip-top mod that's also listed on their site for the same price.
    Last edited by jyoung; 04 May 2007 at 12:09 PM.

Weeman: That kit basically does the same thing as the flip-top mod, so it should work fine. It was for sale when I bought mine too, but I was afraid that I'd lose one of the little pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Swap discs works fine for me. I had one of the little plastic mod kits and it worked until my lid got torn off during a guitar hero 2 session. Now I use an eraser, a drill bit, and some duct tape to hold down the triggers. Works fine.

Magic keys work well as soon as you figure out the one that goes in the tray hinge.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Went ahead and ordered the MagicKeys II + SwapMagic 3.6 kit today, so I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

With any luck, I'll be rocking out to Guitar Hero custom tracks within the next week or so.

7. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    Went ahead and ordered the MagicKeys II + SwapMagic 3.6 kit today, so I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

With any luck, I'll be rocking out to Guitar Hero custom tracks within the next week or so.
    from what i've experienced the GH mods have really bad syncing problems. it's a neat novelty but don't expect it to react the way the retail game does. it all just seems a little "off".

8. From what I've seen on the PC front (Frets of Fire and Freetar Hero), syncing isn't as much of an issue as it used to be now that there are some programs available to help song makers get their shit running as tight as possible, but yes, I'm not expecting things to be as well-made as the retail content.