Yeah! It's about time someone brought up Harvest Moon! Easily one of my most favorite series ever.

The PS2 version, while unable to get married, was one of the best ones due to the enhanced personality of the characters. The worst flaw, while some may disagree, was the whole "ending" bit. You could technically beat the game in under a year. In fact, I never made it to the winter month before I beat it. You can go on afterward, mind you, but after you technically "beat" it, you don't feel like going on.

The best in the series has to be the N64 version. It has everything in it. The festivals, the marrying and tons of other cool stuff. I was really, really excited when I heard about the PSX version but sold it a month after I bought it. The loading times killed it (as they continued the clock while it loaded) and the world was too unorganized to really get much out of it (compared to the pretty well setup N64 version and the excellent PS2 world).

I remember having to talk Media Play into selling me their display copy of Harvest Moon on the SNES. Well worth the trouble. It's an amazingly fun series. I'm really, really excited for the GC version. I'm hoping they keep the same graphical look as the PS2 version of the game.

Also, the GC version will hook up with the GBA version. Taking care of your animals while you're away from home? I can only hope...