Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about.......Onimusha

zidane747 Guest

Let's talk about.......Onimusha

Plainly said, this game is fantastic. The graphics are insane, and the puzzles are great, not to mention the action. I just got the Wind Orb, and the weapon with it kicks ass. I finally beat that Water Puzzle(it was easy!!), without a guide, no less. So, who else likes it, or doesn't, and how does the PS2 version stack up to Xbox's Genma Onimusha?(Hi EThugg!)

2. I love Onimusha. IMO it's at least as good as RE, and way better than DMC. Best way to spend $20 on PS2... certainly better than GT3....

3. I thought it was a great game. To rent. My brother and I beat it in two days. We got the secret weapon, but not the panda suit. Anyway, I liked the combat system, the art design, and the overall story and game mechanics. I'm looking forward to Onimusha 2, but I'm curious how well it will stack up now that I've been geared towards DMC. I think it's greatest hits now, which is not so bad, but I would have taken it back had I paid $50.

Hopefully Capcom takes the opportunity to refine the Onimusha line like they have there other series, so it can break its RE heritage.

4. Well, Glad to hear that you enjoying it. Many people get soo agravated by that water puzzle, that they start hating the game
    I think its a great game, very fun samurai adventure. Even though its not very long, I had a great pleasure playing it. Boss fights are somewhat easy though, except for Bee Queen(that one was somewhat challenging). Final Boss was too easy, even DJ beat him up on his first try

I played Onimusha Gemma, and while the few new additions were nice, I still prefer PS2 version. Graphically, PS2 version is better than Xbox one, with more brighter colors, and better resolution. Color Gemma were muddy, not bright, and character models werent much different from PS2. Green souls is nice addition though, and does add some strategy to your fights, and it was later implemented in Onimusha 2 as well.

5. Well, It controls well with RE control set up, but it would have benefitted by DMC style controls, which are suited better for fast action game.

And dont listen to Ethugg about DMC

6. Ignore me if you must, but I'm right damnit! Genma was better looking on my HDTV... maybe your TV sux....

7. i completely and absolutly loved all 30 minutes of onimusha. and i got the secret weapon and panda suit in that time too.

god bless blockbuster.

I'm another one of those rare people that likes Onimusha more than Devil May Cry. And I love Devil May Cry.

9. What? No one else got to say anything?

10. I'm still in the process of betting this game. I was stuck at the
    *drum roll*...water puzzle and gave up on it. And on Saturday I finally beat that stupid thing and got up tho the cellar with the wind sword. So far I like it but damn the water puzzle!! BTW I prefer DMC.