Page 1 of 31 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam Hussein sentenced to death.

1. Saddam Hussein sentenced to death.

2. The big hand is on 11:59, and the little hand is on the November elections.

3. Was there doubt in anyone's mind that he was going to be sentenced to death? It was a show trial from the beginning, Saddam constantly made it into a circus, and now finally they're going to do what they had been planning to do since he was pulled out of that dirt hole.
    Time for a change

4. Will it be televised?

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    The big hand is on 11:59, and the little hand is on the November elections.
    Iraq's government cares about our elections? Awesome.

6. Of course it does, its just a puppet government right now anyway. All this talk about the new Iraqi PM flexing his muscle to show how independant of the US he is is just a front.

And I get accused of overtstaing the importance of the US. Jesus Christ. Everything that happens all over the world is not due to us.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    And I get accused of overtstaing the importance of the US. Jesus Christ. Everything that happens all over the world is not due to us.
    I think he was taking the angle that the timing of the sentence mysteriously coincides with elections being held here 48 hours later.

It's not implausible, but it is improbable.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Everything that happens all over the world is not due to us.
    Only if we can't help it.

But this is good timing.. Something to take peoples' minds off all the hypocritical shit that's been going on lately.

This trial was more to remind Saddam and the world of the things he did rather than to decide his sentence. Everyone knew how this would end.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Everything that happens all over the world is not due to us.
    Uh, maybe not, but when the guy we ousted and captured is being executed by the government we propped up (barely) then yes I can imagine they have some vested interest in our continued involvement.
    Time for a change