Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atari 7800

1. The PAL version had different controllers, as I recall, with stick-type d-pads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7800withpads.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	21592  

2. Ahh yes, the d-pad controllers. They look cool, but feel cheap and control like ass. Kinda like the regular 7800 joystick, but they don't hurt your hands quite as much.

3. i don't remember what atari system i have, and i can't check 'cause it's back at home in maryland... but it had the big squarish controller pad with one round red button and the big joystick. ah, the good ol' days where you didn't have to memorize combos and you got to play with a giant joystick lol

and space invaders rulz. i think i played that game more than any other on my atari. i <3 space invaders.
    "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."

4. Awhile back, I converted a Space Invaders TV game into a 7800 controller. The TV game only costed $10. Here is a picture of the original before I ripped up the sticker.

Attached Images Attached Images  

5. I was on a 7800 collection binge a few years ago as the library is relatively small and I picked up two of the more rare games (Tank Command and Water Ski) for $3 a piece complete.
    After playing some of the games though I just gave up. The controllers were painful to use and very chinsy feeling. I almost spent $30 on the euro pads but decided it wasn't worth it just to play asteroids.

6. The Euro pad sucks. The converted joystick transform the 7800's control from shit to awesome.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    What a pile of poop. Controllers were horrible too, though not nearly as pad as the 5200 controllers.
    Yes, terrible controllers. Jaguar's controllers sucked, too. Too bad since the 2600 controller was brilliant.
    No gnus is good gnus.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Yes, terrible controllers. Jaguar's controllers sucked, too. Too bad since the 2600 controller was brilliant.
    Any controller where I can take a piece of it off, lick it, and stick it to my forehead where it actually causes discomfort when I remove it is a-okay with me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    The Pro controller for Jaguar is alot better than the original. Too bad it came out too late in the life cycle and now it is the rare on ebay, etc.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    Too bad since the 2600 controller was brilliant.
    Good enough, that Atari and Commodore made it compatable with thier computers.