Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed: Nitro

Nintendo Wii Need for Speed: Nitro

Two words: Hot Pursuit

I wish EA had the sense to make the upcoming PS3/360 game like this instead of that bullshit Barbie dress up crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I wish EA had the sense to make the upcoming PS3/360 game like this instead of that bullshit Barbie dress up crap.
    I have no idea how that sentence in any way describes Need for Speed: Shift, which looks like it will be awesome.

No, it's going to be fucking awful, because it's not arcade style and doesn't focus on the police chases.

edit: See the third post in your thread for all that needs to be said, except for the Wii part, because this looks awesome, despite the Wii.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Two words: Hot Pursuit

Shift is being made by a bunch of ex-Simbin guys. They make sims, not Forza-esque "car customization" games. It's a weird choice for the series to be sure, but "Barbie dress up" doesn't seem accurate.

And yeah, this Wii game looks nice.

5. Right, the real version isn't an NFS game anymore. Which sucks. BUT it's in good hands.

Meanwhile, this version has no online play AFAIK. laff

I could not possibly care less about online play in NFS. That is not what the series is about. Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 is by far the best game in the series, and it didn't have online play either.

7. Hot Pursuit 2 was great but the framerate started to lag when alot of police cars were around. I don't know why EA is so hellbent into making NFS into sim/simlike (with ProStreet and now Shift).

8. The best Need For Speed game is actually Most Wanted.

No, it's really not, though it's the best one from the current generation.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    No, it's really not, though it's the best one from the current generation.
    If you're into the cop chases, I don't see how Most Wanted isn't better than Hot Pursuit 2. Having the cops chase you all over an open city is a lot more fun and intense than having them chase you on a point-to-point course.