Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: How New Users Will Be Moderated

1. How New Users Will Be Moderated

In an effort to cut down on the number of threads created just to spam a site or other product, I have created a user group that new registrations will stay in until thirty days have passed and they have made twenty-five posts. This is explained in the welcome message new users get.

I set it up in the forum software so that anyone in the New Users group that meets both criteria will be automatically upgraded, but if that doesn't work, I can check through the list of names once a week and see who qualifies for the promotion.

I considered charging some token dollar amount per registration, maybe even offering a refund once the user reaches a certain milestone, but I decided that free Internet is the best Internet.

This solution should cut down on the most annoying spam without putting any further burden on the moderators. I am still testing this out, and I haven't talked about it with cka yet, so there might be some flaws in this plan, but we'll take it as it comes.

2. How about you give us their IP, we track them down, and have some fun?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    How about you give us their IP, we track them down, and have some fun?
    ... that sounds potentially violent.
    "I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me."

Excellent change, Nick. Thank you!

I don't think I understand correctly... Are they unable to start threads if they're part of this group? If so, YAY!!! And thanks.

6. They won't be able to start threads for at least thirty days. They also must have twenty-five posts.

7. thanks Nick. It was a necessary change.

8. There is a God.

And his name is Nick.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. No more Tupac threads?....balls I say.

10. I made that recommendation last month!

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...post1063729658
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert