Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The time you said F*@# I need that console NOW!

1. The time you said F*@# I need that console NOW!

What was that game that you had one look at and right there and then, you said to yourself, no matter how long it takes to save up, or how poor I'll be, I gotta get me this console this weekend, tomorrow, today, or now...

Starting from most recent backwards...

Gamecube - Resident Evil
    Playstation 2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
    Game Boy Advance - Castlevania:CotM
    Dreamcast - Resident Evil Code: Veronica
    Playstation - Mega Man X4/Castlevania: SotN
    N64 - Super Mario 64
    Sega CD - Sonic CD
    Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog
    SNES - Super Mario World
    NES - Super Mario Bros./Mega Man

Well, you can pretty much tell what kind of games I liked from my list above, and I was satisfied with each and every one (haven't finished RE yet, just got my Cube this week).

The funny thing was that I bought Zone of Enders for the PS2 first, but I didn't get the system yet. Even having ZoE didn't spur me to drop $300 on a PS2. I was holding out for a price drop... until MGS2 came out.

Meanwhile, even though the DC had an impressive launch, nothing got me more giddy than seeing RE C:V being released for it.

As for Sonic CD... well that was an amazing game, to this day I only have 2 Sega CD games, the other one is Sewer Shark, and it came with the Sega CD. I asked the sales lady if they had a "core" Sega CD package because I really didn't want to add Sewer Shark to my collection.. it was amusing for 10 minutes... I've never played it again.

As for the Genesis... I remember playing Sonic on my friend's Genesis. I played it for hours nonstop until he got bored and fell asleep. I just kept going until I figured that I shouldn't wear out my welcome. That and the cool bonus levels... that was when I decided to trade in my Game Gear for a Genesis. Hehe.

-Search
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

2. The only systems that apply:

GameCube - As soon as it comes out, the Legend of Zelda sequel.
    PlayStation 2 - Shinobi.
    Dreamcast - Sonic Adventure.
    Saturn - Shining Force III
    Nintendo 64 - Zelda 64
    SNES - Super Mario World.
    Genesis - Sonic The Hedgehog.

3. Hmmmmmm....

PS2: MGS2

DC: Sonic Adventure

Saturn: NiGHTS (oddly enough this game is the only reason I haven't tossed my Saturn into a garbage can)

Playstation: Either Mortal Kombat 3 or Ridge Racer, one or the other.

Genesis: Sonic

4. Hmm, only one console was really like that for me. It seems kind of funny in retrospect, but I just had to have a Dreamcast when Crazy Taxi came out for it. The game just looked so great at the time, and I had a lot of fun w/ it in the arcade.
    your mom

5. Originally posted by Regus
    Hmmmmmm....

Saturn: NiGHTS (oddly enough this game is the only reason I haven't tossed my Saturn into a garbage can)

You obviously don't have that many games for the Saturn. The Capcom fighters are reason enough to own this console. Then comes titles like Sega Rally, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter 2, Shining Force III, Burning Rangers, Last Gladiators, Galactic Attack, Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon (1,2 and Saga), Dragon Force, Gun Griffin, and Gaurdian Heroes, to name a few.

6. I could list a ton of consoles, but the one that stands out most for me, is the Sega Saturn.

I was growing tired of 16-bit game consoles, and was looking forward to the Sega Saturn, and Playstation. Finally, there was 2 consoles, that could bring home arcade perfect games.

I was checking out a nearby Toys R US, and saw that they had a Sega Saturn, for $400. That was a lot of money, but I was hungry for the next generation of consoles, as the 16-bit consoles had run the well dry. It came with Virtua Fighter ( A game I wanted badly) and was also looking forward to Daytona.

7. Genesis: Spider-Man...MAN! I love this game!

SNES: (this is very embarassing) PLOK!

Saturn: I bought this singley due to a friend's pushy recomendation. Thank you Carl!

N64: It was the new Nintendo system.

PSX: FFVII

Dreamcast: It was the new Sega system.

PS2: MGS2

GameCube: It was the new Nintendo and Sega system!!!

XBOX: The more the merrier.
    Throw fireballs at him...
    Laugh at his moustache...
    http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/...o_gcn_game.jpg
    But do not mess with his vacation.

8. Originally posted by gamevet

The Capcom fighters are reason enough to own this console.
    Unless, like myself, you don't like fighting games.

9. Originally posted by Rob
    Unless, like myself, you don't like fighting games.
    Heh, this is how I feel about Neo Geo.

10. -SNES: Streetfighter 2
    -Jaguar: DooM
    -Playstation: Battle Arena Toshinden
    -Playstation 2: Tekken Tag Tournament
    -Dreamcast: Soul Calibur
    -Nintendo 64: Zelda: OoT
    -Gamecube: SSBM
    -Gameboy Advance: CotM
    -Gameboy: shit, Tetris
    -Saturn: X-men vs StreetFighter (well, this was more like, "what spurred me to just take one of the 50 unsellable Saturns at the used game store I worked at, and then buy an import adapter... )