Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anime That Dvd Forgot

1. The Anime That Dvd Forgot

2. I remember Lily C.A.T. from SciFi. Not much, though.

But, the thing that's the BIGGEST shame is the lack of Galaxy Express DVDs. Fuck you and your Naruto, Vix.

Also, welcome back, "spammer."

3. Haha, thanks for your campaigning, without you guys i wouldn't be here today.

Viz sadly let their license for the Galaxy Express movies expire.

I will add more covers and anything else i missed a bit later.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mcarocks2003 View Post
    Viz sadly let their license for the Galaxy Express movies expire.
    Holy shit, that explains it.
    Any idea who has it now?

5. Sadly not, Viz confirmed (via email) a few months ago that their license had elapsed so i'm guessing it's unlicensed and is available to all the other companies.

Maybe we will get lucky and someone like ADV will take a gamble.

6. No Guyver on DVD? Weird... yeah, I remember Lily CAT from Sci Fi too, and hearing plenty about Mermaid's Scar, but I've never seen it. Browsing the shelves of VHS and manga at the old comic shop in my hometown was a ton of fun when I was a kid. Considering kids don't exactly make a lot of cash, it meant I did more looking at things I wanted to see than actually seeing any of them. A lot of these look familiar, though.

You know what burns me? Robot Carnival isn't on DVD here. Still.

7. I frequently bombard Super Techno Arts with requests for Robot Carnival to be released on dvd.

Everytime they reply they have some convinient excuse like:

'we sent the masters to France'
    'we are waiting to contact the Japanese producer'
    'we are currently busy with other titles'

The Guyver ova from 1989 was released on dvd by Manga Entertainment but sadly not the vastly superior Guyver Out of Control ova from 1986 (as seen in the picture above).

8. I frequently bombard Super Techno Arts with requests for Robot Carnival to be released on dvd.
    www.discountanimedvd.com has a decent boot of it with shitty subs for the one bit with the big-forehead guy and his gynoid. It's worth it.

At least they finally got the rest of Jojo out.
    Stupid STA.

9. ADV is releasing Guyver now. i don't know if they've got rights to everything Guyver or not, though. also a shame that Scramble Wars (the one next to Sol Bianca) wasn't released, too. i've never seen it, but AIC was awesome back then so this is automatically awesome. and i always thought original Sol Bianca made it to dvd, guess not since a search ain't yielding any results.

10. Wait, Sol Bianca had DVDs. My friend owns them.