Thread: Ys Origin

1. Ys Origin

This was announced sometime ago, couldn't find a thread for it here yet.

Release date: December 21st, 2006 (JPN)
    Demo trailer download
    Official site

Quote Originally Posted by Prologue translation by Deuce over at the Ancient Land of Ys boards
    The time is 700 years ago, in the final days of the kingdom of Ys.

In order to escape the sudden invasion of demons throughout the land, the Goddesses and their six Priests used the power of the Black Pearl to raise Solomon Shrine into the sky. However, the demons stuck on the ground began erecting a giant tower in an attempt to reach it, and those with the power of flight gradually made their way to the risen land, and so the crisis continued.

One day, the twin Goddesses -- Lair and Feena -- disappeared.

As the people left behind fell into despair, the six Priests made a decision. In order to find the lost Goddesses, a Holy Knight and a sorcerer would be selected to return to the world below, back into the darkness.

With the former utopia in ruins and the Goddesses missing, the people were left to place all of their hopes on the shoulders of these two youngsters, who would face the dangers of the tower.

Now, the legend is reborn!
    You play as either Yunica Tovah(Toba) or Hugo Fukt(Fact), descendants of the six Priests (or ancestors to the characters you meet in Ys I). Both have their own unique storyline perspectives. There is also apparently a third unlockable character called "The Claw."

Some art and screenshots:

No Adol this time, but I'm still excited. The Oath in Felghana and Ark of Napishtim were very fun and this looks like it has similar gameplay. Darm Tower in 3D is going to be awesome. It looks like they've even brought back some of the old Ys bosses as well. Maybe they'll do some new arranges of Holders of Power and Tower of the Shadow of Death.
    Last edited by VividAriah; 18 Nov 2006 at 04:34 PM.

2. Yeah! This could have used a thread, but I wasn't sure who would have cared... I don't think there are many of us who are still Ys fans here.

Still, Napishtim was great, I played it on both PS2 and PSP, and I purchased Felghana before I even had a Windows-capable PC, but I'm waiting for Nightwolve and Deuce's English patch before I play it. I might not be able to hold out much longer. I mean, I already know the plot of III, but I imagine it'd be nice to know what's going on still.

I really wish someone would announce intentions to pick this up and translate it for US release, or perhaps port it to something else, because I know the wait to play this in English would be equally miserable. But hey, PSP Gurumin is on the way, so that's something, I guess.

3. Hugo Fukt?

Seriously, Fukt?

I'll buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm thinking there may be an edit or two for US audiences.

James

4. I wanna play that.

5. Considering that Oath never got localized, I'm betting this one stays in Japan too.

6. *queue panty moisture*

7. mmmm. i really enjoyed ark of napishtim. i hope we get this...or at least more/one of the other remakes.

8. Yeah I recently found and played the translated versions of Y's Eternal 1 and 2 and had a blast hopefully this will come out over here.