Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official post-launch Playstation 3 thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Wait, so Sony fucked everyone who has an HDTV that can't except 720p...which is to say, a lot of people? LOL. That would have been me if I had any interest in this thing.
    That's pretty much everyone with a CRT based HD set. Including a lot of sony sets. My friend has a really really nice 60 inch (maybe bigger) Sony rear projection crt based HD set from a few years back, and for HD it can only accept a 1080i signal, so unless sony figures out some way to fix this, any game that isn't 1080i will be standard def on his and many other peoples sets.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I thought the higher the number the better the resolution. All I can get on HD cable is 1080i and nothing else. Can anyone get 720p from HD cable?

Yeah there are a couple channels that are 720p instead of 1080i. What cable provider do you have? is it Cablevision and do you have the Scientific Atlanta HD box? If so you need to set up your cable box not to upconvert all stations to 1080i, there's a pass through setting that sends what ever resolution signal it gets to the tv set. You also have to make sure you have those resolutions turned on, on that box you need to turn the system off and hold down hmmmm I want to say power and info and itll bring up a resolution setting thing.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. That's awesome that a fucking simple cable box has no problem upconverting 720p to 1080i but a brandspankingnew PS3 won't.

Sony to CRT HDTV Owners: Eat a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. I wonder why they made the PS3 do that, doesn't make any sense.

5. They put all the money into flashy buzzwords like "the cell" and "blu-ray" and didnt bother making the thing upscale. lols

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I wonder why they made the PS3 do that, doesn't make any sense.
    because from the sounds of it sony wanted to save a few bucks and decided to not put an upscaler into the PS3. It would seem any upscaling of PS1 or PS2 games is being done in software and not by a hardware upscaller. Which is so fucking stupid on their part.
    Where I play

7. Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Sony to CRT HDTV Owners: Eat a Dick

What's so wrong about this is that a huge amount of those CRTs that are like that are made by Sony themselves.
    Where I play

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    That's pretty much everyone with a CRT based HD set.
    Not true at all. There are plenty of CRT HDTVs that can accept a 720p signal.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Not true at all. There are plenty of CRT HDTVs that can accept a 720p signal.
    New sets, yes. Sony wants people to buy new Sony TVs I guess. Even if their HDTV is only 3 years old.

10. I've had my Panasonic CRT HDTV for less than a year and it can't accept 720p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.