Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2232343536

Thread: Next Gen War

I made my current PC, which is excellent, btw, for under $1k almost a year ago now. It was a brand new PC from scratch, which yeah, you do have to do every few years. It's starting to show its age (as in, I can't run every game released at it's max settings, all games are still playable btw) so now it's time to upgrade the video card, MAYBE get some more RAM. That'll run me $200 at the most.

Check out the value gaming PC at www.sharkyextreme.com, those guys know what they're doing.

Also, never, ever, EVER buy anything brick and mortar. Online prices are generally HALF of what you see in stores, which is scary and ridiculous.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Also, never, ever, EVER buy anything brick and mortar. Online prices are generally HALF of what you see in stores, which is scary and ridiculous.
    Agreed, does anybody know why? I mean if you're buying components, and not a out of the box system, you obviously know how to put it in, I'm willing to bet if you know how to put a computer together, you know how to shop on the internets.

It doesn't make sense.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Agreed, does anybody know why? I mean if you're buying components, and not a out of the box system, you obviously know how to put it in, I'm willing to bet if you know how to put a computer together, you know how to shop on the internets.

It doesn't make sense.
    I'd guess it has to do alot with renting/buying premium retail space for the Brick and Mortar stores. The online guy can rent some dirt cheap warehouse and by a ton of components at a lower price. The B&M usually sells prebuilt hardware and components alone are more because he has to pay for his overhead.

4. Exactly. Same thing for banks, Chux. One of the reasons online banks like ING can generally offer more attractive interest rates than B&M based banks is because they have less overhead to pay for.