Page 1 of 23 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Is Not A Sport

1. Thumbs Down WWE Is Not A Sport

Every time I click on the TNL forums summary, I look down at the sports forum; I'm often curious to see whether the NFL or the TNLBA or baseball offseason threads have been updated.

More often than not, I see one of the wrestling threads there. Because Masko Del Sanchez threatened to beat up Bulldozer Man and the plot was leaked on the internet that Bulldozer Man's going to beat him after the shocking return of Buff Studmore, who takes a cheapshot at Masko and knocks him out of his patented ChalupaSault.

I'm here to tell you today that pro-wrestling is not a sport.

It's physical theatre. It's a soap opera. I don't give a damn if they get hurt or not, there is no legitimate competition involved whatsoever. Vince McMahon and his crack team of threat-cheapshot-revenge plot cycle writers have already decided what Jeremy's going to be watching next Tuesday.

Yes, I'm sure they want to outdo each other out there and pull off nicer looking moves than the other guy. So do ballerinas. But until they go the figureskating route and have judges grade them on aesthetic value, there's no actual sport there.

When Tom Cruise saves the world from Philip Seymour Hoffman, it doesn't show up on the news. They don't print the scores from Friday Night Lights in the morning sports section. Pretending to do a thing doesn't actually make it that thing.

Move the wrestling threads to cinemania where they belong.
    -Kyo

No.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Wrestling's not a sport. If you dig it that's cool (as a kid I loved it), but it's a tv show. Is anyone even arguing that it's a sport?

4. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Every time I click on the TNL forums summary, I look down at the sports forum; I'm often curious to see whether the NFL or the TNLBA or baseball offseason threads have been updated.

More often than not, I see one of the wrestling threads there. Because Masko Del Sanchez threatened to beat up Bulldozer Man and the plot was leaked on the internet that Bulldozer Man's going to beat him after the shocking return of Buff Studmore, who takes a cheapshot at Masko and knocks him out of his patented ChalupaSault.

It's physical theatre. It's a soap opera. I don't give a damn if they get hurt or not, there is no legitimate competition involved whatsoever. Vince McMahon and his crack team of threat-cheapshot-revenge plot cycle writers have already decided what Jeremy's going to be watching next Tuesday.

Yes, I'm sure they want to outdo each other out there and pull off nicer looking moves than the other guy. So do ballerinas. But until they go the figureskating route and have judges grade them on aesthetic value, there's no actual sport there.

When Tom Cruise saves the world from Philip Seymour Hoffman, it doesn't show up on the news. They don't print the scores from Friday Night Lights in the morning sports section. Pretending to do a thing doesn't actually make it that thing.

IBTN and agree move it to cinemania
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. I love how sports fans are always so offended by wrestling being called a sport.

Give it a rest, seriously.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. It's not a sport at all, and it should be moved. I really hate the Sports (Entertainment) forum name, and that'd finally be changed if it gets moved out.

I also think moving UFC and wrestling threads to Fight Club would be acceptable.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post

Though I'm pretty sure even the rasslin' fans know its not a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    I also think moving UFC and wrestling threads to Fight Club would be acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    WWE Is Not A Sport
    No shit.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. NEWSFLASH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    No shit.
    I agree with Dole.

Thanks Strider for that bit of info.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.