Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lets talk about...Killer Instinct!

1. i remember playing KI on the snes xband..

i'm pretty sure I had a losing record since most of the players on xband in or near Miami were very good and very competitive.. they'd pull off insane shit with jago or cinder that would leave you wondering what happened..

i really enjoyed the original, though, for what it was worth..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

2. KI was a fun fighter, but never anything to take seriously. I'd place it close to Project Justice gameplay (though PJ is more fun) in terms of silliness, but I never really got into it. However, Fulgore's design kicked major ass, and to this day I still bust out with "C-C-C-Combo Breaker!" every once in a while in the middle of conversations (erm, when appropiate, of course).

Zerodash: Well, this is one of the better games Rare made, and it's not really loved heartily by too many. Rather, how most Rare games should be shown in print, they're usually all decent, but nothing more and certainly not worth the hype they're normally given. This game, like other fighters during that time period, didn't exactly stand the test of time, like Primal Rage, which was damned funny when it came out, but I wouldn't dream of playing it again today. Though a new version of each of these would be worth a spin...

3. Cider's flashing breasts finishing move.

nuff said.

I agree with the person that said the KI2 character design sucked.

The heads looked kinda too big for the body. Plus it just wasn't as fun as the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

4. Originally posted by Klonoa
    Cider's flashing breasts finishing move.

nuff said.
    Ah, wasn't that Orchid?

5. Originally posted by Ashod

Ah, wasn't that Orchid?
    man, you are so right.

*smacks himself in the head*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Originally posted by Klonoa

man, you are so right.

*smacks himself in the head*
    But hey, Cinder's boobies weren't half bad, either.

7. Originally posted by Ashod
    But hey, Cinder's boobies weren't half bad, either.
    Yep. Nothing turns me on more then flaming man tits.

8. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Yep. Nothing turns me on more then flaming man tits.
    Indeed, none were hotter than Cinder.

9. I play the game still. I recently umm obtained the arcade game version for my pc.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Originally posted by EvilMog007
    I play the game still. I recently umm obtained the arcade game version for my pc.
    I'll raise my hand to that also. I have it on Snes still and sadly once I got this on PC, I hated rare even fmroe for no doing a perfect port of this puppy.

God damn I would have so paid the extra money if they would have done it right
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL