Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: official TNL thread for gaming speedruns

1. Isnt' there supposed to be a card that'll allow you to hook up via component and play your xbox/ps2 on? I've been thinking of going that route for a long time.
    I'm sure there are component capture cards, but I'm also sure they'd be significantly pricier. And the lag's a total gamble; the first card I got had enough lag to make even RPGs unplayable.

2. Those Alice videos were really boring. Done on easy so it really isn't even a viable run in the first place since it's based on taking so much damage and powering through bosses, and on top of that nothing really interesting was done.

Found some a nice Sonic Adventure DX run which uses at least most of the glitches and shortcuts that I've heard of.

3. Not actual speedruns, just a batch of new glitches.

Majora's Mask: warping to owl statues before they're activated.

Castlevania: SOTN: bunch of stuff (the video is for the Saturn version).

Quote Originally Posted by Gactivefy on GameFAQs
    in making the new TAS for this game, we have found a glitch that allows you to OHKO literally anything using specific weapons. for now, we know that yasutsuna works, but were still testing.

basically, having 0 or less luck causes your luck to underflow when the game calculates critical hits. this causes criticals to do outrageous amounts of damage, assuming you can get them, and yasutsuna has an uncanny ability to get them even with low luck. in the example weve been playing around with, the file has 10 luck -10 from a duplicator, causing the underflow.
    Okay, one speedrun. SOTN in sub-18 minutes.

I love this shit.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. I really love the crazy exploits on Super Metroid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!