Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Virtual Console Thread

1. This thread was a good idea and will also be a nice way to give heads up whenever they start releasing "original content" on VC which Nintendo teased at.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    You know you're supposed to buy the points, right?
    OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

I was ready to get the hell away from BB. I'll buy some eventually.

3. The way you phrased it made it sound like you were waiting for the Easter Bunny to leave them on your account magically. Can't you just use a credit card, though?

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Visually, it looks identical an NES. Slightly better coloring than I remember, likely due to superior video output. It definately beats the fuzzy filters on my Xbox's emulator.
    So are there for certain no video filters running on the games? If so, that would be fantastic--I can't stand all the arcade compilations for PS2, etc. that muddy the visuals with blurry filters. Who likes that!?

Also, I thought Gunstar Heroes was supposed to be out at launch--I think even Nintendo's site says so. Too bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    I was ready to get the hell away from BB. I'll buy some eventually.
    You can buy points with a credit card through the Wii Shop channel. Unfortunately, you still have to buy them in certain increments--you can't just say, "Bomberman costs 600 points so I'll buy 600 points." On the bright side, I think they come in sets as small as 500 points (I bought 1000 to get Mario 64 and have nothing left over).

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It definately beats the fuzzy filters on my Xbox's emulator.
    Looks like someone doesn't know how to properly abuse the high def + no filter option on the xbox emu's for insanely crisp display of roms.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Wario's Woods is awesome fun, though the SNES version is supposed to be much better. Hopefully we'll get that as well.
    Are you kidding me??

The NES version is amazing, the SNES one is complete and utter trash.

If I find it in my closet during the holidays I'll mail it to you so you can see how miserable it is.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. I got Mario Bros. and Bonks. Bonks is hard as fuck. I hope they implement online play in these games eventually. Waiting for Mario RPG to come to Virtual Console. Let's hope for some nice new games this Mon.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

8. So are there for certain no video filters running on the games? If so, that would be fantastic--I can't stand all the arcade compilations for PS2, etc. that muddy the visuals with blurry filters. Who likes that!?
    Apparently the games are not filtered, not scaled 2x, but actually running in the true original resolution (save N64). Pretty impressive.

That's awesome to hear the games don't have that ugly filtering. That's my mosted hate thing about compilations.

Nintendo needs to get their old arcade games on this thing but for some reason they like denying that part of their history.

I don't have much interest in the VC but I am waiting for SuperScope games to come to it as I hate the bulkiness of the bazooka.

10. LOL I remember the SuperScope. That shit seemed really needless, even as a 6 year old I knew that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."