Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: GBA Wrap-Up: GameBoy <Random Adjective>

Wait a second, did someone just bump an ancient thread and I didn't notice?

I fucking hate that.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Jyoung: I just used a PS2 controller through an adapter for the GB player, it worked perfectly. I think there are sites that have NES/SNES controller adapters for the Wii that use the Gamecube controller ports, those would work too I imagine.

3. Yeah I saw that Hori SNES style controller goes for ridiculous prices now ($80+). Guess I will look for some Gamecube adapters instead.

As for Game Boy Advance games I've owned over the years:

Astro Boy -- Ass Boy imo. Just a horribly dull platformer with nothing memorable or interseting about it. Thankfully, Treasure fans will buy just about anything. Sold it.
    Gunstar Super Heroes -- I guess the graphical effects were pretty good for the system, but this just felt like a cheaply made tribute to the original. Sold it.
    Advance Wars 2 -- I loved me some Black Hole. Great strategy game. I regret selling it, through I made a pretty good profit off it.
    Final Fantasy IV -- Shitty port of a great game. There's a glitch in the battle system where your active meter randomly freezes. Plus the sound is butchered compared to the SNES cart.

you have no taste

If you want to play Final Fantasy IV i'd recommend the PSP collection. Best version of the game imo, and they mix up the boss strategies a bit.

6. Here are some of my favorites:
    Advance Wars 1-2
    Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
    Castlevania Circle of the Moon
    Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
    Double Dragon Advance
    Drill Dozer
    Final Fantasy V - awesome port of the original, much better than the FFIV port
    Fire Emblem (7)
    Game and Watch Gallery 4
    Gradius Galaxies
    Kuru Kuru Kururin
    Kururin Paradise
    Konami Arcade Advanced
    Mario and Luigi
    Mega Man Zero
    Mega Man Zero 3
    Mr. Driller Ace - GB Exclusive game with a fun mode that combines Dristone (where you have a certain number of moves and power ups to use instead of the standard running out of air) and Tamagotchi
    Justice League Heroes: The Flash - surprisingly good game based on using the flash's speed dash to avoid attacks and rush to enemies
    Pinball of the Dead - I like it better than Alien Crush, but not as much as Devil's Crush. I like how it adds some modern pinball elements to the mix. Argubly the best pinball on GBA, though Pinball Challenge Deluxe, ports of Pinball Dreams and Fantasies looks like a good one too.
    Polarium Advance - nice puzzle game based on solving puzzles with a line in the fewest moves possible
    Racing Gears Advance - Best racing on GBA hands down
    Riviera
    Steel Empire - Awesome shmup with some improvements over the Genesis version
    Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World
    Super Mario Advance 4 - SMB3
    Wario Land 4
    Wario Ware
    Wario Ware Twisted
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 04 Feb 2012 at 03:59 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If you want to play Final Fantasy IV i'd recommend the PSP collection. Best version of the game imo, and they mix up the boss strategies a bit.
    Also the ugliest version though. IV DS. Unless you really want to play through the Sequel.

8. Warioware Twisted was so damn awesome. I loved all the random unlocks that game had.

Twisted is awesome, confirmed.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    you have no taste
    Nah, everything he says is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer
    Final Fantasy V - awesome port of the original, much better than the FFIV port
    I agree with this! I've been playing it on my GBMicro recently. Fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver
    Also the ugliest version though. IV DS. Unless you really want to play through the Sequel.
    And this! FFIV is best played on DS, although it's kind of tough and you should probably take a glance at an faq if you want to get the most out of the augments.
    Donk