Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: GBA Wrap-Up: GameBoy <Random Adjective>

1. I have the Hori controller and a couple of DualShock adapters, and I would recommend just getting the adapter.
    It's far more useful since it works great for normal GC games.
    I mostly use the Hori pad for REmake and Soul Calibur II.

Some of the art direction is questionable (Barbariccia's face!) But I would hardly consider the PSP game ugly. To each his own.

3. 1) Gamestop has all GBA games 75% off right now! It's a clearance, so once they're gone, that's it.

2) How is the GBA port of Final Fantasy VI? Did the music get shit on like FF IV GBA? Are there any major glitches?

3) Did anyone play Turok Evolution for GBA? It looks cool:

I only played FF Vi for a few minutes, the music was horribly butchered. I couldn't stand it.

FFVI has weird GBA music and I think they censored the part where Celes gets punched out but aside from that it looks awesome, plays awesome with 0 load times, and has the best translation.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Doesn't every GBA game sound like shit?

Pretty much, but it never really bothered me that much except for FF6, but that probably just because I ~ LOVE ~ the game so much.

8. Yeah when you've heard the SNES soundtracks for some of these ports, it's tough to deal with the GBA crap.

It's funny just how many ports and remakes there are on the GBA. This system's library is like 1/3 ports/remakes, 1/3 shovelware, and 1/3 original games.

The GBA port's battle system is not totally fucking broken like the PSX or SNES versions, so it has that going for it.

10. By the way, I think VI might be Uematsu's bets work! Agree or Disagree.