Page 1 of 101 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii Thread: Part 3

1. Official Wii Thread: Part 3

Not really sure why the last one was closed, but here we go again.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

2. Chux already wrote that the thread was close to 1k posts, which is the limit!

3. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    And if Gears of War is as great as everyone says, then Epic has made exactly 1 great game.
    You obviously don't play great games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Oh good, lets go back to fighting.

5. This shit is not happening this time.

6. Seriously, putting Spo and Joust in the same thread is like a train wreck in slow motion. Spo will never shut up, and Joust will never relent telling us that Gears of War looks better than Red Steel and that somehow negates the Wii's existence.

It really sucks that I actually have to start filling my ignore list. Two pages of measuring out your chubby little internet cocks can't be kept to fight club, or god forbid, the chat room?

7. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    Seriously, putting Spo and Joust in the same thread is like a train wreck in slow motion. Spo will never shut up, and Joust will never relent telling us that Gears of War looks better than Red Steel and that somehow negates the Wii's existence.

It really sucks that I actually have to start filling my ignore list. Two pages of measuring out your chubby little internet cocks can't be kept to fight club, or god forbid, the chat room?
    Now if only we could get total ignore, life would be wonderful.

Now back on subject... Launch day is a few days away now... we'll see if I can get my ass up early enough in the morning to go buy one.

8. Alright, let's talk about something else: Wii Splinter Cell hits the market today, if it didn't yesterday.

Does anyone know if it is just another half-assed UbiSoft port or did they actually implement some cool Wii features? Any word on the control?
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Alright, let's talk about something else: Wii Splinter Cell hits the market today, if it didn't yesterday.

Does anyone know if it is just another half-assed UbiSoft port or did they actually implement some cool Wii features? Any word on the control?
    For a bunch of first generation titles, Ubisoft's been on the right track when it comes to Wii remote functionality. This could be the start of a much needed third party push led by a publisher intent on EA's throat.

That said, I'm not sure how the Wii remote is used in Splinter Cell, there's bound to be something on Gametrailers explaining some of the mechanics though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Alright, let's talk about something else: Wii Splinter Cell hits the market today, if it didn't yesterday.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/s...eviews;story;0

"You'll control Sam Fisher with the Nunchuk's analog stick, as you'd expect, and a number of his other abilities, such as shooting, vision modes, and so on, are assigned to the buttons and D pad on the Wii Remote. There are a few of Sam's movement functions that are similarly motion controlled. For instance, to jump you'll move the Nunchuk quickly in an upward motion, and flicking it to the side will cause Sam to wrap his legs around a pipe when he's already hanging from it with his arms. We got used to these controls pretty quickly, since it's easy to mentally equate an upward controller motion with the action of jumping, for instance.

However, the biggest use of the Wii Remote is for camera control. A small triangular cursor is visible onscreen at all times--except when you're not moving the remote, which is almost never--and it indicates where you're going to move the camera. Keep the cursor in the center of the screen, and the camera stays still. Move the cursor gradually to the right, and the camera moves right. Move the cursor way to the right, and the camera will spin quickly. It took us a few minutes to get used to this setup, but after we got a feel for it, we thought it worked quite well.

The remote is similarly used to aim Sam's weapon, whenever he draws it. There's no cursor involved there, though; rather, you'll get a traditional aiming reticle, with a small arrow around it. The direction of the arrow indicates the direction you're moving your aim, while the distance of the arrow from the reticle shows how quickly your aim will move. Again, we were a little flummoxed by this system till we picked up on it, after which we felt it was perhaps more natural than aiming with an analog thumb stick. Finally, the floating camera cursor can also be used to select actions such as "open door" or "pick up body" from Splinter Cell's customary contextual action menu, though you can also use the standard controls to scroll through the list.

Aside from these unique controls, Double Agent on the Wii ought to prove highly similar to the PS2 version in terms of content, though we certainly thought after playing the game on a standard-definition TV that it looked better than any PS2 game we've seen lately. That was mostly due to the smooth frame rate and higher resolution, rather than any flashy special effects, but the game looks to be making a solid visual effort at any rate."