Page 2 of 333 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MMA Discussion Thread

1. The UFC just bought out WFA and got the contracts for the following fighters:

Rampage Jackson
    Heath Herring
    Ivan Salaverry
    Mayhem Miller
    Urijah Faber
    Rob McCollough

Also the rumor is they just signed Cro Cop, which would be huge except he'll have no to fight after he obliterates Sylvia, Arlovski and now apparently Herring.

Rampage/Liddell 2 should be fun.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    Also the rumor is they just signed Cro Cop, which would be huge except he'll have no to fight after he obliterates Sylvia, Arlovski and now apparently Herring.
    Interesting.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. No one watched UFC fight night? I only caught the last fight where Joe Riggs got his hat handed to him. So much for Diego Sanchez boxing being 3 years behind his I guess.

4. I totally forgot about UFC Fight Night Live. I'll have to catch the replay.

As for Joe Riggs getting pounded, that's hardly a suprise. He's lost every fight I've seen him in, so I expected a great fighter like Diego Sanchez to really fuck him up.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I don't like Riggs.

The way he conducts himself is 110% typical ultra-competitive "i'm such a super badass" macha BS. He's the generic mma fighter archetype.

I don't much like Diego... but I was happy to see Riggs get whupped.

I only saw half of the show 'cause I was at the gym.

I was impressed with that guy joslins guard though. I totally felt his pain going against a tough wrestler. I'd like to see him back.

6. I watched bits and pieces of it. I agree that Riggs losing wasn’t a surprise. What was funny was how in his interview he said he was going to knock out Diego. Diego and the “I love god” and meditation crap is crazy annoying but I have to wonder how much longer until his title shot. Somebody jumped down my throat that loved Penn saying Diego didn’t deserve one, but he IS undefeated to this point and I’ve seen a lot of other fighters get shots with less wins.

Lol at Perisians under the eye bleeding hole. Funny shit when he stood there poking it when they couldn’t decide to stop the fight or not.

7. Just came across this rad-ass Pride highlight video.

I didn't think I'd ever enjoy listening to Coldplay, but it works damn well here.

EDIT: The version on Google Video is much better quality if you shrink it down to the same size.
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 16 Dec 2006 at 07:12 PM.

8. Here is a link to the 60 minutes clip that was just on recently about MMA. It's a really well done clip and worth the few minutes it takes to watch.

It's still so crazy how far and how fast all of this stuff has come.

A few years ago I thought all that "wrestling on the ground crap" was totally lame looking and BS as I happily took my kung fu...

Now I'm giving submission wrestling private lessons.

Crazy.

9. That 60 Minutes piece gave MMA its biggest audience to date, thanks for the clip. Here's an epic Fedor-CroCop vieo -
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Some REAL MMA action!