Page 319 of 333 FirstFirst ... 305315317318319320321323 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3330

Thread: Official MMA Discussion Thread

1. I'd say Dana ensures the system stays the way it is. Why? Out if greed. IMO
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

2. When you look at the history of other fight promoters Dana could most definitely be treating the fighters much, much, much worse.

I will say that Dana is passionate and has done more for the sport of MMA than any other person has up to this point. The fact that I'm able to make part of my living teaching brazilian jiu-jitsu is a testament to the UFC's success.

I would love for their to be some kind of fighters union to provide healthcare and some kind of insurance (in the case of something like the UFC getting cancelled) to protect them. Sadly, something like that would still only ever cover the top 1% of fighters, and you'd have dudes fighting at your local state fair for $50 getting screwed.

3. I'd love to see a fighters union. As much as I love this sport, I'm torn by all the morally questionable exploitation going on.

And you're right, of course, about the local fighters.

4. I love Bendo, but war Nate!

5. Frank Mir sucks!
    He moved like a 3 toed sloth in the ring tonight.

6. He needed to do more of what he was trying in the third round. I think one or two of those body kicks hurt Cormier.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    He needed to do more of what he was trying in the third round. I think one or two of those body kicks hurt Cormier.
    That's all he had going for him. His punches were so slow and easily blocked. He allowed his opponent to circle him into the fence and lean on him. He looked like a punch damaged Riddick Bowe, who was never the same after his bout with Holyfield. Mir's motor skills looked shot.

8. I agree with everything you said there except the " after Holyfield" stuff. It was Andrew Golatta who beat him into retarded.