Page 329 of 333 FirstFirst ... 315325327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3330

Thread: Official MMA Discussion Thread

1. I was SHOCKED that the actor lost.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. I dont even buy the "credit for having balls to do it".

It takes a heck of a lot more balls to fight as an amateur for free at some state fair than it does to land a nice fat paycheck, with a full training camp, insurance, etc, etc, etc, etc and have your first fight in the UFC.

As soon as I saw "brown belt" for his opponent it was 100% obvious how this was going to end. I have blue belts at my gym who murder the average white belt.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I dont even buy the "credit for having balls to do it".

It takes a heck of a lot more balls to fight as an amateur for free at some state fair than it does to land a nice fat paycheck, with a full training camp, insurance, etc, etc, etc, etc and have your first fight in the UFC.

As soon as I saw "brown belt" for his opponent it was 100% obvious how this was going to end. I have blue belts at my gym who murder the average white belt.
    Yeah, I had mixed feelings about the "having balls to do it" comment as I was typing it, knowing he was getting a shitload of dough for being CM Punk while being allowed to leapfrog over legit fighters for a PPV slot.

The match was a best-case scenario for Punk...he lost, as everyone expected, but he wasn't hurt too badly, and his name recognition did give some publicity to Mickey Gall. If he has more fights in his contract UFC should use him, but not on a fucking PPV against a ranked guy. Have him fight other scrubs on free TV.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I don't know what any of this means.

Taking part in a few bum fights definitely would've shown a bit of humility and a recognition that he didn't do what a lot of these guys did to get to the ring. It's weird to think that this is like the first time he had taken a punch in a real fight, right?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't know what any of this means.
    Gall is a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Punk is a white belt. You figure the rest out.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Gall is a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Punk is a white belt. You figure the rest out.
    Yep.

white > blue > purple > brown > black

On average its about 2 years per belt minimum before you are promoted to your next belt rank.

Everyone always has a "puncher's chance", but when you figure in the skill level difference between their bjj ranks, the age difference, and overall experience, the statistical possibility of punk winning was miniscule.

7. Poland Stronk

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. what the

9. MMA is such a bizarre sport. There's never a slow decline...you're dominant and unstoppable one second and a total scrub forevermore the next.

That said, yeah, she's done. This will probably fuck up her attempt to get into mainstream entertainment as well, as that endeavor was built on her badass persona and that's flushed down the toilet now.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 31 Dec 2016 at 08:06 AM.