Page 5 of 333 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MMA Discussion Thread

1. Genki Sudo retired. :*(

Also, I would play that game.

Also, also, yesterday I was doing a one handed cartwheel guardpass and I hit my thigh on the guys head... and now I have an immense bruise, pretty stinky. I'm limping everywhere.

(I passed his guard for those who are curious)

2. Cartwheel guardpasses are dangerous. I hit the bone on the inside of my upper arm on some guy's head once and my whole arm went numb for the rest of the day. I ended up with a pretty good sized bruise as well as a bone bruise.

3. Cartwheel, both two-handed, and one-hand, are probably my favorite guard passes. Front flips too.

This is the first time I've hurt myself doing it though, and I bust em out all the time.

I'm working on a no-hands aerial guard pass now!

4. HBO to air 3 live UFC events.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=170312165

The following is an excerpt from an article on Sherdog.com:

HBO will televise three [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Ultimate [COLOR=blue! important]Fighting [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]Championship[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] cards in 2007 and holds an option for three more broadcasts, respected boxing scribe Thomas Hauser reported Monday. According to the report on SecondsOut.com, HBO's UFC cards will air at midnight on to-be-determined dates.

Hauser's report confirms the long-rumored deal between HBO and UFC, though the agreement did not come without objections from HBO [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Sports[/COLOR][/COLOR] President Ross Greenberg. "He did everything in his power not to televise [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]mixed [COLOR=blue! important]martial [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]arts[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]," Hauser wrote of Greenberg. "But in the end, he had no choice."

5. A new series started last night on MSNBC called Warrior Nation.

I was surprised at how good it is, and it really portrays MMA in a positive light.

Looks like each episode follows around one or two fighters, just going into their life, thoughts, etc about MMA.

Doesn't have too much actual fighting or training stuff (like TUF for example), but it is only about a million percent "Real World" as well.

Good stuff, next tuesday nights episode as Erin Toughhill.

6. "big" announcement from Couture tonight on Inside the UFC.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    "big" announcement from Couture tonight on Inside the UFC.
    He's fighting Tim Sylvia for the title.

8. you lie......?

9. No way that's real. Guys don't lose two light-heavyweight title matches in a row, retire, then move up in weight for a shot at heavyweight champ.

He's coming out of the closet, imo.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww