Thread: Tell me about...owning arcade hardware, etc.

1. Tell me about...owning arcade hardware, etc.

Well, I am getting near the point where I can start thinking about buying up some arcade hardware and games. The problem is, I really have no good idea as to what this entails.

If anyone can point me in the right direction with stories, advice, and information resources, it would be most appreciated.

2. Well, I've yet to stick my foot in the water in this department. But I swear I'm so close I've got my towel slung over my shoulder and everything. Arcade-Infinity has some nice cabinets for sale. You'll probably want a standard JAMMA cab at first, but it all depends on what you want to play.

3. I went the Supernova route. Nice and convinient. One way or the other, I reccomend starting out with a Neo Geo MVS to get your feet wet. Very cheap, and so much great stuff to play you might not get another main jamma board for quite a while.

4. well ive been wanting to get into this too but most the games i would want to own are on the CPS2 and they have that whole battery of death thing (when the battery dies the stuff for decoding the game itself get erased and you cant play the game unless you send it back to capcom and they rpelace the battery and put the enconding back in or something)

so ive been staying away from it

though i may pick up some MVS stuff one of these days

5. Seems like there is one of these threads every week or two now.

Very quick,

Learn what JAMMA and JAMMA+ are
    Learn horizontal and vertical
    Learn standard res vs. medium res

Check out these links and the links of resources they have:

www.t-molding.com
    www.randyfromm.com

Do you want to get a "classic" pre-JAMMA game and restore it?

Arcade collecting can be very fun and rewarding. But if you lack patients, you may not have as much fun.