Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 68910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbo

1. OOTW was a puzzle game without putting a lot of puzzle game tropes into it, like ladders on wheels and shit.

Limbo is more obviously a puzzle game, but a good one - just too short. If OOTW was released for 15 bucks, it'd be bullshit too.

2. I'd love this at $8, like it at 10, and feel a little giped at 15.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. I've had to go to walkthroughs for several of these puzzles. I hate myself every time I do, and when I see the obvious result I feel stupid. But hell if this game isn't pretty fucking good. If I only had a brain...

Pathetic.

5. I was entertained by this, but XBLA pricing is weird to get a handle on. On the one hand, Pac Man CE cost 800 points and UNO cost 400 points and I STILL play that shit semi-regularly several years later. Limbo took me like 4 days to beat, and I see very little reason to go back and get 111% so I'm probably never going to play this again. Do I feel ripped off by Limbos price? No. I guess maybe that means that some of the older XBLA stuff I still play was worth way more than I paid for it.

I don't think it's even worth comparing the prices of games in most situations. The value for money is so subjective and so varying that I think it's totally pointless unless two games are very, very similar to one another. Is Pac-Man CE a better game than Geometry Wars 2? Will I get more value out of my $10 on one as opposed to the other? I don't know! I don't even know how to begin to know!

7. Y'all are some cheap motherfuckers. I'm broker than all of you and even I have to point out, it's $5 dollars you're haggling about. It's the cost of a goddamn happy meal, get over it.

Limbo is worth $15 not because it's 1.5 times better than Pacman. It's worth $15 because it costs $15 and it's a fun, memorable experience.

8. Is Limbo worth 1/3 of the cost of Playstation Plus? How about 1.5 times the cost of Borderlands DLC content?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's the cost of a goddamn happy meal, get over it.
    You really love these McDonald's comparisons, don't you?

Your mom loves those McDonald's comparisons.