Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 91112131415 LastLast

Thread: Limbo

1. So how did this game not get a Mature rating? So far it's one of the most fucked up and gruesome games I have played in recent memory. Is it just because the graphics are in black and white? I mean, if I was a parent, there's no way I'd let my kid play this.

2. No cussing, nudity, graphic violence.

Just because you can die doesn't make it M.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    No cussing, nudity, graphic violence.

I would argue it does have graphic violence. Child decapitation, even through the abstraction of silhouettes can be strong content.

4. And smushing to a fine paste, impalement, and any number of other grisly ends. But in silhouette, so it's ok.

James

5. Soft, impressionable minds would only need to be protected if there were booby silhouettes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    No cussing, nudity, graphic violence.

I'm not sure what you definition of "graphic violence" is if this game doesn't meet it.

The deaths in this game are just brutal and gruesome. You see people who have been hung to death just dangling in the air. You pickup dead bodies and use them as bait to set off deadly traps.

Not to mention, most of the people getting killed look like children.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    I'm not sure what you definition of "graphic violence" is if this game doesn't meet it.
    Probably the same as the ESRB, would be my guess.

I've never liked how the ESRB handles things. The Longest Journey got rated M because of people actually talking like real people, with the occasional swear (though nothing gratuitous). Oh, and a lesbian couple who talk like a couple. Meanwhile, Batman: Arkham City gets away with a T despite one or two instances of swearing, prisoners implying that they'd like to rape some characters, a great deal of violence, and several rather gruesome onscreen deaths.

I also think that they tend to give big-budget blockbusters more leeway than other games. I still think God of War should've been rated AO. Same goes with Episodes from Liberty City, which got away with full-frontal nudity. And yet Fahrenheit had to be censored to get released in North America.

All those rating systems are dumb as shit. It's like, number of instances versus context and meaning.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493459/

It's on Netflix and worth watching.
    Boo, Hiss.