Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbo

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Edge-grabbin' platformer.
    This is the official genre name. Now knock off any further disscussion about it.

Game looks hot. Xbox plz.

2. I have DarkStone, but I've never played it. I thought it was a Diablo clone. Should I bust it out?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Agreed. I was going to say pretty much the same thing.

Cinematic Platformer is a cooler sounding name, but I could see devil's advocates arguing for how incredibly cinematic they found <Insert Generic Platformer Here> to be. Plus, while most of these games do indeed tend to be cinematic, their true distinction lies in their control schemes -- which is of course independent from any cinematic aspects.
    Well I think it's that the movement and animation are cinematic, realistic, and down to earth compared to everything else in the genre. They run, jump, and climb like real people.

4. Not really. Or at least I know that I, personally, have no trouble shuffling my feet forward a tiny little amount. I'm not so hot on jumping across a huge chasm, catching myself with my arms, slamming bodily into the wall, then pulling myself up and dusting off as if nothing happened, though.

James

5. Compared to Mario, Sonic, or anything else in the platform genre

6. What are you talking about? I no longer use the staircase to my third-floor aparment, I just walk away, do a quick turn/jump, and enter through a convenient window. Likewise for leaving, I just jump out and do a butt-stomp a few feet from the ground, landing without problem.

What, you're saying you don't?

James

7. That's ridiculous. I just use my extendable Bionic arm to swing, like a normal human being.

8. 3-d glasses?

9. This looks like the hottest EGP I've ever seen. It's unfortunate my internets are slow, and I can't watch the trailer unless it's in stop-animation.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. I don't think this game is technically "independent". They're funded by the Hungarian government. I'm pretty sure it's Hungaria. And all that's been shown so far is nothing but concept art.

If the game turns out like this, it'll be sweet.