Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing happens with installshield

1. Nothing happens with installshield

I've have just come onto this lately as I was trying to install some software and for all programs that have installshield doesn't seem to do anything. Examples are to click the disk from the drive and nothing happens, then I click explore, click setup.... nothing.

Is there a bug in SP2 or a certain driver I may need to reinstall?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Do you own a legit copy of Windows?

3. If I paid for it why wouldn't it be?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

I had this same problem a while back. I don't exactly remember how I resolved it, but IIRC a virus had corrupted some necessary .dll files, in which case I got them from either googling them or getting them from the MS site.

Are you getting any dialogue windows when the install fails?

5. Nope. Just runs for a few seconds and it acts like I didn't click anything. At least I can still use windows without anything happening.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898628

This may help you as well.

The download link for Windows Installer Redestributable 3.1 v2 is;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

8. I guess that didn't seem to help any. I could try with removing the hotfix really quick and see if that'll rid the problem.

Do what I do whenever XP shits all over me and it stops being worth my time trying to find out what the hell the problem is...reinstall.

10. Sometimes thats a common solution I run into, just that I hate having to put everything back on the list so I don't lose whatever programs I had running.